The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Stamina Entirely.

marharth

Well here's a thought: Did you consider the complaints to be part of the feedback/data that the devs collect and read to assess whether or not their new mechanics work as intended?

Oh, how about we not complain at all no matter what the devs do? Wait, no. That makes us Yes Men, not beta-testers.

Mixed in with the complaints is input on how the changes impact the gameplay itself. Most of the complaints right now are (rightfully) about how the stamina changes negatively impact the overall pacing of the game due to the fact that the aforementioned "space ninjas" have to stop every 10 meters to catch their breath like asthmatics.

"lol you walk down the corridor slow enough you actually know you're walking down a corridor."

Um...what? Any person with a functioning eyeball should be able to recognize that they're moving down a corridor from the first glance. You think pre-U10 Warframes were breaking the sound barrier or something?

Yet another thread complaining about stamina.

And the same reason comes up yet again: "I can't handle challenges in a video game so I want the developers to take away everything that limits what I can do so I can be a badass god that can waste an entire room full of enemies without even thinking about it."

I sense a disturbance in the strawman in this post.

I mean, hell, all removing stamina would do is...let me sprint and melee without having to worry about getting tired!

So OP! Ain't that right level 100 Grineer?

wait what do you mean my weapons still do jack against you

Edited by RealityMachina

If you can't handle experimentation with mechanics as the updates come along, then you aren't cut out to be a beta tester. sorry.

Yes, they are experimenting.  And we are telling them that we don't like the result.  That's kind of the whole point of this forum.

lol you walk down the corridor slow enough you actually know you're walking down a corridor.

And I'm playing a free to play game still in open beta to help the devs make the game better.

If you can't handle experimentation with mechanics as the updates come along, then you aren't cut out to be a beta tester. sorry.

I'm sorry, but you couldn't recognize a corridor unless you were walking down it? Are you some kind of special stupid? 

You know how I would help the developers make the game better? With any actual communication at all. I feel less like a beta tester and more like a mother that has to clean up after her kid makes a mess. You honestly think you're in an "open beta"? Pray tell, what have the developers given you to test, how to grind for items or spend money on warframes? Don't kid yourself. 

You arent' a beta tester, you're a sucker and a guinea pig. 

The main selling point of the game is supposed to be the fast-paced action, why make a mechanic that slow it ?

It makes no sense, in fact I don't see the point in there being stamina at all, Tennos are supposed to be some kind of super soldiers fit to take entire platoons all by themselves, and they couldn't take a rest after a 5/10 minutes mission ?

The stamina system is against the spirit and the background of the game, there is no place for it in Warframe.

Yes, they are experimenting.  And we are telling them that we don't like the result.  That's kind of the whole point of this forum.

Never ceases to amaze me that people still think "it's a beta" is a good thing to say in response to criticism.

The main selling point of the game is supposed to be the fast-paced action, why make a mechanic that slow it ?

It makes no sense, in fact I don't see the point in there being stamina at all, Tennos are supposed to be some kind of super soldiers fit to take entire platoons all by themselves, and they couldn't take a rest after a 5/10 minutes mission ?

The stamina system is against the spirit and the background of the game, there is no place for it in Warframe.

Right, it's like if Mirror's Edge had a stamina system.  It doesn't ADD anything interesting to the game; it only detracts heavily from one of its former greatest strengths.

I'm fine with having stamina, it makes sense for there to be a resource for the blocking system.

But it shouldn't be tied to running. We should be able to run freely, doing ridiculous combat maneuvers, parkour, or even rushing through levels if we want to.