Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rescue idea

(PSN)SirHAMsword

Rescues are generally pretty fun! Exploring new entryways within a tile, killing wardens secretly in order to generate a better reward and stealth rescues giving benefit. Spy missions within sorties are pretty great. Allowing a benefit to solo mechanics or requiring ample teamwork in order to accomplish a mission that doesn't rely on enemy level is brilliant. Rescue missions, however, neglect this difficulty until the target has been rescued and is able to be mitigated by a myrad of things like handing the operative a powerful weapon, hitting them with smokescreen/invisibility arrow/warding halo, or even sprinting to extraction before they can bleed out. There's no stealth check or benefit whatsoever. Here's an idea! Enemies setting off alarms within sortie rescues could start a countdown on the operator's execution sequence with increased time. This would allow a sense of urgency within the mission prior to entering the holding cell, as well as a stealth benefit as the timer begins at the moment the doors are opened (meaning stealth is almost pointless only within the sortie version).

I totally understand where you're coming from, but my problem with pushing this kind of gameplay is it still doesn't make the content challenging. I'll just swap from running it in 1 min with limbo to 1 min with loki instead. 

Unless the sorties become actually challenging content, I'd rather the content I find a "boring chore" at least remain a fast one so I can get to the stuff I actually enjoy. 

If we had a solution that actually made it challenging, and not just "well I'll run this frame that trivializes it instead of the old one", I'd find it a lot more appealing.