The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuttering issues on PC that occur randomly, even theough the computer specs are more than sufficient for maximum graphics settings

JacksonT3000

Hi, 

I'm not very good with dealing with computer issues, so please bear with me if it turns out to be something simple...

So, I have my new ASUS TUF laptop (specs below) since October 2018, and Warframe was running at maximum graphics at 60-80 fps with ease, but sometime around mid January, I started experiencing random fps drops to about 15-20 fps whenever there was any large motion or a lot of things happening on the screen. It's effectively made the game unplayable because I can barely land any shots now. I asked a friend of mine who knows this stuff and he said it wasn't because of overheating or the NVIDIA drivers, and I have them up to date. I also tried updating my network drivers from device manager and it said they were all up to date. It's more annoying because it was working just fine, but stopped doing so suddenly...

I know it's not because of the game's graphics settings because this issue occurs at both minimum bare-bones graphics as well as maximum graphics. I've changed around every setting in game with no difference.

I now have no idea what's wrong, but it fails to run smoothly. Is it a Warframe problem or a Windows problem? I looked up the problem on windows forums and many of the other people with similar problems also had the GTX 1060 like I do, but I haven't found a solution anywhere. help pls ;-;

My specs are

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8750H

8GB DDR4 2666 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB (Driver version 419.17)

120 Hz Display

I have the game installed on a 128 GB SSD that's only 40% full.