The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New melee update is wrecking my framerate

Machine-Ranger

Hey guys, I have a mid-spec machine with a GTX 970 that was running the game great until this latest update. I get the biggest lag spikes with the newest particle effects on melee weapons and some slowdown with the staticor. Is there a way to turn this off? Or a new driver or something?

I'm running an i7 6700 and 1070 and have been encountering all kinds of weird fps drops/stuttering since the update. One mission was so bad I could barely even quit the mission, let alone play it. Then the next mission was mostly okay, with some stuttering here and there. I don't know the cause, but it was not like this prior to the update.However, last time the particle system was adjusted, I had similar problems for awhile until one patch fixed it.

Edit: I've done a few more missions. Changing gfx settings does nothing, and even if I can't see what others are doing, I get the lag/stuttering anyways.

Edited by Corvinna
Update

It's good to know at least I'm not going crazy. I don't have a top of the end rig but I can run Ace Combat 7 for example in the medium/high. 

This was happening for me in open world, the orbiter, AND normal levels. 

Edited by Machine-Ranger

I'm having a similar issue. Yesterday the game was fine, after todays update and the hotfix, its dropping/stuttering. I've also noticed its using double the RAM than it usually does. Setting everything too low and disabling every option possible under Graphics doesn't rectify the issue either. The issue seems to occur more when close to lights/light-rays

I found a fix to my fps problems, which I don't know why it works, but after having run several missions, I haven't encountered the problem since. I disabled steam overlay, set the game to dx10 mode, and started it. It downloaded a small patch, like 150mb. I tried playing again, and no stutter. So, I turned the overlay back on, set it back to dx11 and tried playing again. Done a half dozen missions without a problem so far.