Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Should Resistance Fire And Frost Resistance Ice Hazards

-PingPong-

Ash should have some kind of passive that parry melee or have some kind of resistance to it. If possible have a dodge chance since Ash is an assassin. A Stealthy one. So possibly making anything he uses to kill be silent and not alert anyone unless they see it.

Edited by ThePieBoy

This was brought up in another thread (here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10662-the-relationship-between-map-mutators-and-warframes/#entry86973) This is what I had to say on the subject.

This has been brought up before. The way I heard it explained that made sense to me, is that the Frost is wielding ice/cold/frost but that doesn't mean Frost is immune to it. The warframes also shoot bullets, but that doesn't make them bulletproof ;) It makes more sense in games where you are fighting a "fire elemental" or "fire demon" for them to be immune (or even healed by) matching elemental effects (and conversely more vulnerable to the opposite) because they are physically comprised of that element.

If Warframe went with those kind of element effects with the Warframes, I would want to see it both ways. If Ember is immune to fire, then Ember should have no shields on an ice map. And Frost should take increased damage from fire effects. However, I personally don't think its necessary. It needlessly makes them overpowered/crippled in their respective areas. And since they are simply using the element as a weapon, I think it still makes sense that they are vulnerable to it.

As for the other mutator ideas, I'm wary. Especially of they are mandatory mission requirements; people already throw tantrums because they have to use their sidearm in missions where you carry datamasses around. If you shape your warframe around a specific style - melee, sniping, etc - and you are forcefully pushed out of that comfort zone, you aren't making the game more fun for them. You are punishing them for having a diverse playstyle.

If there were these kind of mutators, I would say they should be special "Challenge Missions", where its optional for a special reward. Maybe to get a badass melee blueprint you have to play through a Melee-Only mission, which would have specific obstacles designed around using melee weapons.

The game still has ways to interact with various playstyles as it is, and I think its good in that respect. There are large rooms and hallways where you can pretty safely snipe, there are tight corridors where you can run around slashing things. Having certain enemies be stronger/weaker to different kinds of damage and weapons means that everyone gets some reward and payoff for having a unique playstyle. I would like to see more ways to interact with the environment; being able to hack security and turn laser doors against the corpus, or be able to blow out a glass window near an enemy and have them sucked out into space. And new "mutators", such as low gravity could be fun, but high-gravity could cause problems because people already don't like how slow some frames move. I like the map mutators and would like to see more, but it should contribute to the game somehow more then just slapping a specific demographic of Tenno.