The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Small help on frame drop (Fortuna, Orbe Vallis)

Stridersv

Hello fellas, how're'ya doing?

Well, i'm looking for some help... When i enter Orbe Vallis or Fortuna for the first time in the day, the place runs good, a little slowdown here and there, but it's playable... After a few minutes later, hell break's loose: My game start to freeze (like in response to the cold climate, lol) and the frame rate drops to 1-5 for a few seconds, then come back to 45. This keeps happening, and is worsened every time i need to use archwing to move fast, or when i have a full party. I have lost count how many times i got disconnected from the squad, losing loot, or even causing a migration if i'm the host, that sometimes kick the entire squad from Orbe Vallis.

Outside of Orbe Vallis (even in Cetus, to some extent...), the game run's smoothly, 50-60fps. Can someone give me some advice to what i can do to solve this problem?

PC Data:

Motherboard: GA-78LMTUSB3 R2

Processor: AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHz

Memory: 8gb DDr3 1600MHz

Graphics Card: AMD XFX RADEON RX 550 2GB GDDR5 1203Mhz 

DirectX: 11

Windows: 7 Professional 64bits

Similar issues here.

i5 3570k

8 GB RAM (I'd have to dig for the exact specs)

660 Ti

Windows 8

Fortuna is just painful to play in groups. I have far fewer issues solo, not sure if it's because I'm usually just fishing/mining/hunting or if the connections to other players exacerbate the issues. It is especially bad at the start of any kind of event (bounty stages, fractures) as stuff starts spawning in, or landing from archwing after blasting across half the map.

Edited by Altitis