The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anti° Aliasing

MachineGunTs

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of an AA option besides the built in Fxaa.After googling I was only able to find a post on the Geforce forums with Nvidia inspector settings; but the post is several months old and I am not having any success implementing Msaa between Nvidia Inspector or the geforce control panel.

graphics card ....Gtx 770 4gb 320.oo(latest official driver)

Edited by MachineGunTs

More specifically I am looking for msaa or equivalent for DX11 Warframe.I have tried multiple settings within Nvidia control panel as well as Nvidia Inspector.Btw GTX 770 4gb.

The current game implemented AA only seems to affect player and npcs while the landscape and distant geometry apears to have no ailaising.

Edited by MachineGunTs

More specifically I am looking for msaa or equivalent for DX11 Warframe.I have tried multiple settings within Nvidia control panel as well as Nvidia Inspector.Btw GTX 770 4gb.

The current game implemented AA only seems to affect player and npcs while the landscape and distant geometry apears to have no ailaising.

MSAA isn't going to work with DX11 Warframe.

SSAA is your best bet.

From the information I am aware of SSAA in most cases wouldn't be considered an upgrade to FXAA.( HARDOCP reviews of various in game AA solutions,Tom's hardware etc.); I have used a SMAA injector in other games but again I would consider it an alternate to FXAA not an upgrade.

Why won't MSAA work with DX11 Warframe?As an aside where the heck are the config files for the game?The settings I am looking for would be located within those files.I am very accustomed to modifying INI>files and Display//config files to ''boost'' the fidelity of PC games.

Very dissapointed if there isn't some solution to smoothing the edges of geometry in the mid to far off distance.The game looks amazing to about 20 yards then it seems as though the AA just turns off.

edit.. ok I misunderstood SSAA..aperently that is the most demanding AA available but you need an SLI setup for it to be feasible.Well I do have a GTX 770 4GB so whish me luck.I have to believe somewhere within the game code there is a setting to extend the distance of even FXAA, am I the only one that sees it just stop about 50-60 feet out?

( I have tried quite a few different configurations of AA with only Nvidia FXAA seeming to have any affect and it seems to be identical to the in-game AA which I am assuming is FXAA.

Edited by MachineGunTs

edit.. ok I misunderstood SSAA..aperently that is the most demanding AA available but you need an SLI setup for it to be feasible.

You don't need an SLI setup for it to be feasible. Super sampling is simply rendering the game at a resolution higher than that of your display's native res and downsampling it. If you can't force SSAA in the driver control panel, you can still setup a custom resolution and force downsampling.

Nope, there are no user-editable config files.

Stupid, I know. But thems the breaks <_<

The basic config files are user editable, but they are quite sparse.

• 1 month later...

From the information I am aware of SSAA in most cases wouldn't be considered an upgrade to FXAA.( HARDOCP reviews of various in game AA solutions,Tom's hardware etc.); I have used a SMAA injector in other games but again I would consider it an alternate to FXAA not an upgrade.

Why won't MSAA work with DX11 Warframe?As an aside where the heck are the config files for the game?The settings I am looking for would be located within those files.I am very accustomed to modifying INI>files and Display//config files to ''boost'' the fidelity of PC games.

Very dissapointed if there isn't some solution to smoothing the edges of geometry in the mid to far off distance.The game looks amazing to about 20 yards then it seems as though the AA just turns off.

edit.. ok I misunderstood SSAA..aperently that is the most demanding AA available but you need an SLI setup for it to be feasible.Well I do have a GTX 770 4GB so whish me luck.I have to believe somewhere within the game code there is a setting to extend the distance of even FXAA, am I the only one that sees it just stop about 50-60 feet out?

( I have tried quite a few different configurations of AA with only Nvidia FXAA seeming to have any affect and it seems to be identical to the in-game AA which I am assuming is FXAA.

GTX770 is plenty of card to run this downsample this game. 

Go to your file explorer then to Users>"YOUR USER NAME"> AppData>Local>Warframe>EE.cfg( there is an EE config file and an EE document, make sure to click the config file.) Then scroll to the bottom and set the resolution manually.

For ex: I use a 1080p monitor and have my resolution in the config file set to 2560x1440p. This will increase the graphical fidelity of the ENTIRE screen and 'lessen' the aliasing, HOWEVER it will not get rid of it completely. The game itself is just simply not setup for any type of outside AA setting. You can use the Nvidia control panel to "Enhance" the AA setting but not override it. I've spent the past two days trying to find a fix for this exact problem and its simply not going to happen. My suggestion is take the higher res from downsampling the game and just deal with the aliasing not being up to par. Hopefully they'll add some better AA options in the future(like they added the ability to use multi-threaded rendering) but other than that we can only hope. Happy gaming

• 2 weeks later...

what I want is a technical answer from DE as to why MSAA cant be implemented into the game engine, Ive read people saying that its one of the compromises made to allow this game to run on 6+ year old hardware like single core CPU's and AGP Graphics cards... others saying it is because of something called "deferred rendering" which is something from DX9 and DX11 is supposed to not work properly with... Im a little out of touch when it comes to DX11 and all its technical benefits but Id assume emulating DX9 features in DX11 is something thats not exactly efficient

FXAA is great if you have a dual core laptop from like 2008 with an nvidia 250M or something inside but my FX-8320 and AMD R9 270X could easily handle 8X MSAA and preserve the crispness of textures at the same time...

Smaa.. lots better then fxaa and usable in combination with msaa aswell.. 

And it has the same or even less performance impact as fxaa

http://mrhaandi.blogspot.nl/p/injectsmaa.html

Theres also an so called injector in Sweetfx http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

and alot of other image quaality tweaking stuff definatly worth checking out of u want to get max fidelity out of your games.

Check it out

Edited by 3PiST4XiS