Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Sledge throw doesn't work quite right or even consistently

(XBOX)Xeries Dark

I've noticed a few things that don't seem right regarding how the Wolf Sledge throw mechanics work.

1: When thrown, anywhere from the bottom of the handle to the head of the hammer can hit the environment and cause it to return to you. On it's own, makes sense. 

2: When thrown, it only counts a hit to enemies and deals damage if the head of the hammer is the thing to impact an enemy. On it's own, makes some sense. 

3: Range mods only effect the hit radius of the head of the Sledge, both swung and thrown. 

4: There's 2 different throws your frame can do with the Wolf sledge: each has its own flight patterns

5: The flight patterns of the Wolf Sledge are completely unpredictable & makes it EXTREMELY tough to hit an enemy at any range. When you combine this with any of the features above, the weapon's intended throw function is made nearly useless. 

To fix it, there's a number of solutions. 

1: Take away collision physics from the entire handle since only the head can cause damage. 

2: Make it count as a hit and deal damage if the handle hits the enemy when thrown, instead of instantly returning without dealing damage. 

3: Change the Sledge to hit more than one enemy when thrown. Since it currently can only hit one thing before returning, if the handle hits the enemy, I just wasted all that time charging up the throw. This happens 8/10 times. This would be the least effective change, but still make it better. 

4: Make multiple of ^these^ changes (preferably all or most) and then it should work as originally intended and actually make the weapon fun to use. 

I have a video of it happening in game too. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for reading DE. You guys rock. Keep up the great work.