Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New game mode suggestion: Minefield Salvage

(NSW)Shilvio

Title: Salvage/Minefield Salvage

Challenge to player: Get from point A to B in and back without getting blown to bits

Situation: A Grineer supply transport has malfunctioned and dropped a massive payload of mines. The tenno are sent in to see if they can recover data.

*** IMPORTANT*** mines in this mission need to be re coded to hit percent damage for scaling and to reduce 1-hit KO's

This is an Archwing mission.

Gameplay:

Drop in at an asteroid cluster sprinkled with mines.

A randomly generated path in space where the “walls” are a minefield. These special mines can detonate but are not destroyed. As the Tenno goes deeper in, there are new obstacles, moving mines.

Number of data caches = 3 + .7n) rounded up drones to recover.

Fly through and hack caches to send them back to your orbiter.

Each person needs to get a key and use it on the cache before it can be opened.

Keys drop on a kill probability (key drop rate percent starts at 0 and increases 2 percent per kill) once key drops the Tenno’s probability drops to 0 until all keys are in. If the tenno is in solo mode each cache needs 2 keys to open a cache.

Average time: 7 min I think would be fine going in is generally slower but getting out can be a race.

New/unique objects:

Mine launcher- a crazy Grineer guy who shoots ½ size mines [can be shot down] 5% damage

Tracking mines (probably yellow with an antenna on them) [can be shot down] 3.5% damage

Mines that detonate but are not destroyed. They would be red when armed and white when disarmed. After detonation, the mine is disarmed for 2 seconds 2% damage

Edited by (NSW)Shilvio
Answering feedback.

So basically "The floor is lava" but in warframe and with mines? Problem with that is it's easy to simply avoid mines or touching the floor and walls in warframe. From parkour mechanics to Titania or Zephyr, even operator mode to get across a large stretch of land quickly. Not to mention frames with defensive abilities such as Valkyr with her Hysteria, or Rhino and his Iron Skin, or even Monkey Boi with his Defy. So while it's an interesting concept, it's not particularly a good one, for warframe at least.

@ezzzzzzzzy, That's a really cool profile picture!

I don't think I wrote it in before but this is designed to be an archwing mission. I was aiming to recreate the rush feel of the Baylor mission but make it more repeatable. In essence this is a modified mobile defense mission except, we aren't defending, we're attacking.

I'll come up with neat scenarios for land-based warframe gameplay. I thought archwing was a good idea but doesn't have variety. I haven't played all of the warframes to know how modes can be broken/exploited. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.