Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My ideas to make Vauban more competitive

Hawker65

My ideas :

1 : Zaps enemies continuously with 25% status chance (electric) and pull them in (like a thrown Ferrox) in a 5m radius, and then explodes once an enemy gets within 1m, ragdolling everything in range. Damage scales based on the health and number of enemies being zapped when the mine explodes. Base duration is 40s (affected by duration this time). Base explosion radius is 6 meters. You can also hold the ability button to manually detonate the mines.

Augment : Mines link with each other in a 5m radius, but don't pull enemies in anymore. Each enemy connecting with a beam increases the damage stored by the mine grid (the mines that are linked together). The damage of each beam scales based on the damage stored in the grid. beams slow enemies for 3s after intersecting with them. Each beam has a 25% slash status chance. Beams hit once per second. The grid has a duration of 40s which refreshes every time a new mine is added to it. Once the duration expires, all the mines belonging to the grid explode releasing all the damage store with a guaranteed slash proc.

This ability would allow you to create kill zones and to control the enemies' mobility better.

2 : Creates a 10m radius area that boosts thrown in abilities' range by 25% and enemies killed by boosted abilities have a chance of dropping energy, health, ammo and shield/overshield pickups. Enemies that go through this zone are slowed down and have their armor and shields reduced by 50% up to 5 seconds after leaving the zone. Bastilles thrown in the zone also get the armor and shield reduction properties.

Augment : Standing in the zone replenish shields over time and increase shield capacity (like a Shield Osprey does). The shield replenishing rate is reduced for each enemy present in the zone.

This would synergize well with 1 to create more potent kill zones and it would help kill CC'ed enemies more easily.

4 (Vortex) augment : Throwing a vortex in a 1m radius of the base of a Bastille will make that Bastille implode after expiring, knocking down every enemies in its range and pulling them at the center, dealing magnetic damage scaling with the number and health of enemies. This could replace the currently useless Vortex augment.