The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee 2.9 sucks

(XBOX)WarPhoenix117

There are multiple problems with melee 2.9. Like the removal of the block button for your melee weapon, meaning that you can't perform block combos or aim glide with your melee weapon, or you know, block incoming attacks with your melee weapon. Oh wait sorry, you can do that, but only if you nothing but a melee weapon equipped. There's also fact exalted melee frames such as Excal continue to have their energy drain when their weapon is not in use. That's incredibly stupid if I use my exalted weapon and then switch back to my gun the ability should either shut off or stop draining energy until I switch back to my exalted weapon. Now the worse part of melee 2.9 is the inability to customize the control scheme. When the new control scheme rolled out on console, you still had the ability to switch back to the old one. Now that's no longer here. Not only that, but you're unable to properly change the button layout to however you want it to be. For example, any button that has melee channel can't be switched, meaning that I can't bind it to the button I want it to be bounded to. Now there are ways to work around it but it still ends up being a mess, since I can't bind it under the weapon aim button so that when my gun is drawn pressing the button allows me to aim down sights, but when my melee weapon is out the button changes and allows me to perform melee channel. If we could get a secondary button layout for melee like how we have one for Lunaro and such that would be great, or just allow us to bind whatever function to any button.