The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Larkspur breaks game

Teleology

On a few occasions now I've deployed the arch gun Larkspur during a mission, and it's broken so bad that I can't fight anymore.

One time = I was using it, and everything was fine. Then with one clip I used it for the "held" mode a little bit, then switched to the "charge" mode. This ended up with a clip having less than 10 ammo, while on charge mode, and so I couldn't charge. Then I realized I couldn't switch modes, or switch weapons, or do anything at all really. Broke the mission for me.

Another time = Using Larkspur in the defense mission, I was using Hildryn's abilities, trying to get used to them, and using her weapon and switching out. By doing this I somehow broke the game again. I was running around without having any weapon in my hand, and couldn't equip any of my weapons, or my arch gun. I could still use abilities, but after a bit even that broke, and I could do literally nothing.

In order to replicate this, realistically, just use the Larkspur, and mess around with it. It will likely break your game after a while. If you have Hildryn equipped, the brokenness will come even sooner.

Archguns seems to be in quite a position right now. My theory is,there were to many new systems implemented at once. Melee 2.9,weapon swapping being client based,events etc.

I have had to basically get carried in a orb mother fight multiple times to this,extract from the sanctuary early and even just reboot my game in general to adjust mods on any archgun (recent discovery,triangle needs to be replaced with a "drag and drop" system) while in fortuna.

My excal hand a gimped animation in sanctuary,literally looked like he had a itch he just couldn't scratch,jumping,standing etc but all weapon and abilities became locked. Between jumping into operator mode and opening the menu,it eventually fixed this at the cost of 35% eff.

As for the Archgun issues,each time I've encountered this I had it in my loadout,larkspur that is. Getting show out a archwing,no more melee or AG,getting down after pulling the Archgun with a melee,no more secondary reload option,melee or AG. I'm finding more and more as I go..