Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade & Archwing after Melee 2.9

-ViperStrike-

I just noticed that after Melee phase 1 update, Excalibur's Exalted Blade never retracts after pressing fire for the primary gun. If you press the melee button again to resume using the Exalted Blade, your equipped melee weapon will be at hand instead. During all that the Blade it is consuming your energy until you push the key to finish it, because I couldn't find a way to resume it. After the 2.9 update I guess Excalibur and Umbra should either deactivate the Exalted Blade once you swap to the primary or you should be able to resume it back if pressing melee. I don't know if this is just on my end for whatever reason so if anyone could test it out it would be great to add here. Maybe they can see our feed and reply to it and maybe even fix it.

Also I keep saying that I think we should be able to exit Archwing mode on the plains or on the Vallis with something I'm calling precision landing. Landing by horizontal slides or ground slam after Melee 2.9 now forces you to swap back to your primary (if you're not going to use it) so why not add a super shortcut? I think it would be nice to have an option to land without using melee or any attack. Maybe holding the action button or choosing it again to exit on the consumable wheel.

1 hour ago, ---Queen-of-Blades--- said:

I just noticed that after Melee phase 1 update, Excalibur's Exalted Blade never retracts after pressing fire for the primary gun. If you press the melee button again to resume using the Exalted Blade, your equipped melee weapon will be at hand instead. During all that the Blade it is consuming your energy until you push the key to finish it, because I couldn't find a way to resume it.

Sounds like a bug.
I have no issues to activate Exalted Blade, use a gun, slash with my Exalted Blade again. Works fine for me. (As a Host and as a Client)

1 hour ago, ---Queen-of-Blades--- said:

Also I keep saying that I think we should be able to exit Archwing mode on the plains or on the Vallis with something I'm calling precision landing. Landing by horizontal slides or ground slam after Melee 2.9 now forces you to swap back to your primary (if you're not going to use it) so why not add a super shortcut? I think it would be nice to have an option to land without using melee or any attack. Maybe holding the action button or choosing it again to exit on the consumable wheel.

I mean... the switching from melee to gun and back to melee is extremly quick now. There is really no problem with quickly switching to one or another.

7 minutes ago, ---Queen-of-Blades--- said:

About wings, why switch so quickly when you can land without changing anything at all?

Why add more buttons and stuff that clutter up the UI if you can just switch to melee and then quickly switch back. The switching doesn't even take a second.
There is just no disadvantage for switching weapons...

• Like 1

My idea will never ''add more buttons''. Also, choosing the mode on the wheel again to deactivate it makes sense. Currently, if you choose it again while flying, you respawn it without any use apparently. Also, holding the action button doesn't add any button neither. If you wish to land melee to actually use melee or just so you can switch again to primary, E would remain as an option for you.

Edited by ---Queen-of-Blades---
typos