Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework ideas

(PSN)Revak29

Just some ideas for possible reworks for frost's abilities. Anyone who has played frost can agree that his 1 and 2 are worthless without any augment. His 3 and 4 are pretty much fine, but personally, I would like a tweak on his 3 & 4 and a new augment for his 3. I feel these ability changes would help frost to scale better, make use of all his abilities, and to make a greater variety of mission types tolerable. 

Freeze Rework:

Freeze is a throwaway ability no matter how you look at it. The only use is for collapsing his 3 which is awkward as a damage dealing method. I think the duration of his 1 needs to be closer to 20 secs (scales with duration) and the range of the ice patch needs to be a patch coning outward about 7m with a 90 degree angle (scales with range) It should still be shot off as a projectile, but when it lands it should be a cone. The size should not be smaller with distance. My reasoning for these changes is that a circular patch would be a bit awkward for cc around a snow globe. A cone would be a bit further reaching on the sides. The duration feels like it ends way too quickly to be any kind of viable CC. If your CC ends before you can aim your gun properly, I doubt it is very good CC. A caster frame should not have to jump all over the place to get a decent sized cc and waste precious time.  

Ice Wave/Avalanche Rework:

Make synergy between Frost's 2 and 4 by making an armor strip from his 4 permanent when a frozen enemy is hit by his 2. In this case, after making it permanent, the remaining armor can be stripped as a proportion of maximum armor, not current armor.  

Ice Wave Rework (Alternate):

Literally, just throw out the Ice Wave Impedance augment and integrate that into the ability. Without that augment, the ability has no real use for enemies over like level 20. I shouldn't have to say it but I know y'all on here like to whine about anything you can like idk augments being too OP if you don't have to sacrifice a slot for them. Warframe abilities should not be worthless without an augment. Simple as that. Also if you went this route, a radial shape instead of a cone shape would be much better for keeping frost in the action. Moving to and from the side of the map to use the ability is just a big waste of time.  

Snow Globe Rework:

Make it so Frost can cast his 3 on the ground instead of as a radial ability. This would make it much less awkward to put snowglobes at chokepoints to collapse when full of enemies. 

Snow Globe Augment:

Make it so that frost can pick up snow globes and carry them around for damage mitigation. Casting his 3 on an ally would attach a snowglobe around them too. One of Frost's big faults is that his 3 is probably his best ability, and it makes him extremely immobile. Lots of Frosts can hardly survive outside it. This makes frost really bad for any mission where you don't have to defend something

A little disclaimer: Some of this amounts to personal playstyle and what mission you play in. Do not whine about how you think Frost doesn't deserve a rework bc your fav deserves it more. Do not whine about this making frost OP without explaining exactly how you believe this will give frost an advantage over frames with a similar ability. Do not whine about how it's okay that frost is extremely immobile. Do not whine about this 2's augment being good bc we all know that is just a bandaid fix for a worthless ability. NO VANILLA ABILITY SHOULD BE USELESS. Collapsing Frost's 3 may deal lots of damage, but to what end? It's pretty awkward to run out the bubble to break it, and so few enemies end up inside most of the time that it isn't even worth busting it. Leaving it at choke points to break it is also awkward to recast, because it is placed around frost, not at the aiming reticle. These are all my opinions on how frost could be better and more fun to play based on my own playstyle.

Edited by (PS4)Kaneki9597
  • Like 1