Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 24.6 PoE Remaster] Tusk Shield Lancers (probably Kuva also) loses ability to charge and bash, block incoming damage +Video

SprinKah

This is probably more on the...less-looked-at side of things but it really got my attention. while I do very appreciate the new shields that Kuva and Tusk shield lancers now have, They kinda made the shield lancers in PoE and Tusk rather very vulnerable, more so than the ones in other Grineer tilesets with the crude and rectangular shield that covers every part of the wielder. 

I'm aware that majority of players probably don't really care too much about these things, maybe I'm in a big minority but since the shield change to the Tusk and Kuva shield lancers, they have kinda lost what make them shield lancers, they don't charge at you to bash you anymore , their shield does not offer any sort of protection (much like Nightwatch Brunt Lancers). So very much so, they are big downgrades of the normal shield lancer.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, maybe DE just didn't focus on those details when they switched out their shield. I feel the best way to fix this is to apply the same hitbox of the normal shield lancer's shield to the TUsk and Kuva shields, or just change them back to their original shield. 

I don't know about you but this particular thing bothers me quite a lot, it's probably not even important because when you reach a certain level these things become less noticeable. But to me as someone who's been sticking around with the game because of the cool enemy factions especially the Grineer as a big reason, these little details are pretty significant to me. 

Here's a video showcasing my point:

I feel like even if the Tusk Shield Lancers's new shield is changed to make it blocks all damage done to every part of the mesh, it still is quite inferior to the Normal shield, it doesn't cover as much, has a gaping hole in the middle that's saying "hey shoot me". I love the design but man...I hope they give it the same hitbox like the normal shield, just slap it right onto it. 

Edited by SprinKah