The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

plains of eidolon, cetus and fortuna

horac3wallac3201

whenever i visit cetus, the plains and fortuna it begins to freeze and my pc starts to overheat i have no problem with the planets only the free roam missions it freezes if i turn the slightest and then the game just stops responding whenever i visit these places. cant move cant fish cant even mine nor fight. just pure lag and instant freeze and game crash. Can anyone help.

laptop specs

8.1 pro

6 gb ram

direct x 11

64 - bit 

AMD A4 - 4335 APU with radeon hd graphics

I'm currently investigating issues with PoE since the remaster, that's what I'm assuming you're referring to, since Fortuna goes to Orb Vallis. Personally since the remaster my fps has taken a major hit (I assume your setup is just too weak to handle these changes) since the rework I'm getting something like 50-20 fps on PoE when at Cetus or the Plains, when I used to get like 150, and that's what I get typically in the rest of the game. I have been messing with the settings to see what it is, and from what I can see it's pointing at the textures, they are just too large, If I knock the Resolution Scale all the way down to 50 I start to get frames like I used to, but of course it looks like a hot mess, alternatively you can just set everything to low or off and leave the Resolution Scale, that should help you till they fix this.

Edit: you know what, I am noticing a difference in my fps on Orb Vallis too, but it isn't nearly as impacting as on PoE, getting on average 50-60 fps on OV, sometimes above that, but typically not below 50. I just wish I knew what my averages were before the remaster to see if this number was affected by that, but I can't say that it was since I don't know for sure.

Edited by Persnoody