Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Reinforcemnent rework

Uranit78

Hi

I want to change something on plains, something that is irritating as hell - the Reinforcement system on Plains

Both in the Plains and in the Vallis reinforcemnts are called by the beacon. In the Vallis, corpus places a steady beacon, with decent Hp, and little hitboxes - yet it is easy to destroy, and reinforcement are "delivered" in 15-20 seconds. But on Plains, Grineer also drop a beacon with small hitboxes - but it flies, and isn't steady, it shakes, and has an armor on it - it also calls the reinforcements in like 3-5 seconds. On low levels, it's not that bad, but on higher levels? I don't mind completely erasing it, for exampe it can stay for a Thumper fight, so they can be more challenging, but it's really annoying when normal enemies drop a beacon that's hard to hit, and nearly immadently calls in the troops, that are also hard to kill when you don't have corrosive proc or don't play as Mesa or Saryn. This also compicates the newly added Plains Conservation, when near a "poop" you're seen by a Grineer Trooper, if you'll fail killing him/beacon, you'll have to start fighting, and not always win.  I might be a noob, but it's just my feedback.

The best, and the simpliest way to change it is to increase the delay between spawning, and calling the reinforcement by the beacon. It doesn't really need to be static, or somethin, but it needs to let the player stop it - not like it's impossible, but it's really hard. You may say "Then start going on plains with mesa/saryn" - but i don't want to. I might want to go with Ivara to help myself catch animals and obtain floofs, i might want to go as Mag to help myself take down the Thumpers, or i might want to go as Zephyr to fly around.

I did think about the way, grineer send in reinforcements today as well.
As you stop for a moment, and watch their troop trafic...

Grineer just love to send in a huge bolkor, to drop off 1-3 soldiers.
Now, grineer aren't really seen for their intelligence, or caring for resources.
But this seems a bit... overkill.

That thing is a heavy duty carrier, able to hold an entire regiment.
Might as well send in a Balor Fomorian, to drop off 1 lancer.