Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: In-mission save loot deployable

DeathshotSE

This is a suggestion, also a band-aid fix, to somewhat alleviate the progress loss due to host migration failures. DE likely will not be able to completely fix host migration issues anytime soon, so I'm throwing this out there in case they think this could be a quick band-aid fix to implement.

This will be a deployable gear item (like energy pads) that players can activate in a mission that will save their loot at that moment. Loot meaning credits, resources, blueprints, and mods that have been picked up at that point. Its usage will be, while in a mission, if a player fears losing a rare mod that they just picked up, they activate the gear item, a pod spawns in, you go up and use it to deposit your loot, and after 10 seconds, the pod disappears and the host sends the loot to the servers. At that point, your "progress window" will reset so you won't see any mods or resources until you pick more up. After activating the gear item, it goes on a 10 minute cooldown. This prevent spamming the host's computer with constant requests to the server and prevents saving rewards during an "oh S#&$" moment where you would have died or failed the mission soon after to avoid abusing it.

This is of course a band-aid that hopefully is easier to add in than it is to fix the host migration issues if that is a priority for DE right now. I don't know their code so I can only speculate how much effort it will take to add this.

• Like 1