Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Walk

S13gtastic

The other night some of my clan mates and I where discussing jet packs, grappling hooks and more map ideas when I brought up space walks outside the ship.

I started thinking with the survival mode why don't we have blown out low-g sections of ships along with the survival, we already rip air tanks off Grinner and Corpus, and with life support being taken away on the inside why not have a portion where you and your fellow Tenno make your way into outside portion of the ship or even a blown out section from tenno attack vessals, while outside you we could grapple to "safe points" and while tethered defend an air supply delivered by Lotus, or just work are way back inside.

Now I know the grapple rope would probably look weird and I’m all for it not even being rubber banded to a location but it was a thought. I feel like it would be fun to get to go into Low-G environments where it would make sense to have it besides just in nightmare mode.

Just wanted to share some ideas.

Maybe not to your exact letter, but this concept sounds pretty damn cool.  Only fitting for space ninjas to be fighting in space or as close to it as possible.  

EDIT:  Maybe a mission type is introduced where instead of entering stealthily, you literally crash through a portion of the ship.  Cause chaos due to flying wreckage and get some nice zero-G fighting.  Of course i know this is supposed to be a ninja game but for the sake of variety, maybe add some GUNS A'BLAZING moments here and there wouldn't hurt.

Edited by BladesGenesis

Very cool, Shattered Horizon style.

Something like Unreal Tournament '99 (which DE worked on!) had a handful of levels with different gravity in different areas. Hyperblast and Morpheus come to mind.

On DM-Hyperblast, there's actually fighting outside the ship as well as inside it. Gravity outside of the ship is lower, but you do get pulled back towards the ship if you jump, which kind of makes sense, if it has its own gravitational field and all that. But this leads to some very cool scenarios where players outside / on top of the ship are able to shoot towards the inside of the ship.

It also opened a lot of mobility options, where you're able to float from one open entryway/door to another, across the way, or move from certain platforms to other platforms on the other side of the ship - jumps that can only be made in low-grav or from the outside of the ship into the inside.

Perhaps there could be a tileset where it is expected to do some spacewalking to reach the latter half of the level, or something. Would be interesting!

Edited by Volume