Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancient Tweak?

Tauxi

Straight to the topic:

How about having their aura not kill people, but only bring them down to 1HP?

And make their melee/range attacks poison.

This way they're not as annoying as they are. I mean... :

-You run around the corner. BOOP, insta-dead.

-Want to melee something. Toxic Ancient sprints at you. BOOP. Insta-dead.

-Want to revive someone that's under a Toxic Ancient. BO-... Wait, no. Only idiots (or brave Tenno) revive comrades camping under a Toxic Ancient.

-Slow-&#! Rhino. Low Hp. Toxic Ancient sprints at you. Epic chase scene. TA simply goes near you and you fall to the floor (which I must admit makes me laugh a lot).

The reason behind adding a poison effect to their normal attacks is to make sure that they're still powerful, but not annoying.

Edited by Tauxi

These sum*@##$es are pretty much the only thing that consistantly kills me these days. Mostly because my dumb &#! keeps trying to melee them with a heat sword. "If I kill it really fast the poison won't hurt me!" Every damn time. I like how they throw me off, but death is pretty much instant if they get within melee range. Their effect on pods in defence missions can be pretty horrific as well.

It's worse trying to deal with multiple toxic ancients. If you let one even get near you, or one spawns in a room behind you and flanks you, i think it's an instant 40 health lost regardless of armor or shields. Yet for some reason their melee strikes don't deal poison damage. I would suggest nerfing poison so it doesn't do nearly as much damage to health that fast, but allow their melee attacks to deal poison as well as normal damage too. Or maybe even do it like Poison Headcrabs in Half-Life 2. Have poison do a large amount of damage on hit, like maybe 100 or something, and your health will slowly go back up by 90 over-time at a rate of 10 hp per second as your warframe administers an antidote as long as you don't take health damage from a non-poison source during that time, and the poison also can only bring you down to 1hp at most. That would be interesting at least.