Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Newer Players Learn To Wall Run.

UkyoSonoda

Question

Open beta weekend means alot of new warframe players. One thing I've noticed is newer players are falling way behind or getting stuck on the grineer maps because they haven't figured out the wall run markers on the map. Could more of us CBT people take the time on these missions to help new players stuck at these points get a grasp on the wall run mechanic rather than just running off and leaving them behind to fend for themselves?

9 answers to this question

Actually did this earlier today. I don't have a mic, so it was a little tricky, but I managed it in the end. My two little noobies practised on the walls around the escape pod room, and I admit I glowed a little when one them wouldn't stop repeating his thanks ^_^

Actually did this earlier today. I don't have a mic, so it was a little tricky, but I managed it in the end. My two little noobies practised on the walls around the escape pod room, and I admit I glowed a little when one them wouldn't stop repeating his thanks ^_^

Haha, it's kinda fun to teach them if they thanks us instead of saying I know that.

I stopped and waited on a few runthroughs recently to describe how wallrunning is done to some people who got stuck on it.

Especially one poor guy that fell into a reward room where the only exit was a wallrun... he thought it was a bug or something.

Wallrunning, if it gets crucial to leave a room, should definitely be mentioned in some tutorial.

Just implement it in the tutorial. Problem solved.

The problem is doing so will most likely take more time than the duration of this open beta weekend. CBT players know about wall running because we read the update log announcement when it was added and we played around with it a bit. For most of these open beta weekend players starting now they probably arent going to real all those update logs since everything is new to them so wall running easily ends up a hidden game mechanic to them unless they visually see someone do it and ask how.