Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De-Nerf Crits

Volt_Cruelerz

Right now, I have several blue crit-related mods sitting in my inventory, anxiously awaiting the day they might again see the light of day. Obviously things were overpowered before, but they got nerfed HARD. Now a rank 30 crit damage mod is +20%. That is not remotely sufficient to get used. LIkewise with crit chance, weapons have a 1% crit rate, so +15% crit chance from a rank 30 blue mod means effectively nothing. That precious mod slot is much better spent on something else.

It's been a while since the video of the Loki killing Arns Etina in ~4 seconds and critting for 11k damage. I really feel like these need a rebuffing since they're worthless now. These are likely the weakest mods in the game right now (aside from radar) and even with the previous system, required heavy stacking of both types because they build off each other and require each other.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I have a +70% melee crit damage mod that was +150% before the nerf, so they still go at least that high. The cap for crit damage on combo mods seems to be 20%, I have a few that also have +15% melee and freeze damage. Combining a bunch of +15% crit chance mods with those and a +34% fire rate made my Gram kind of a monster. It killed 3 full health ancients in one swing on Eris with a charge attack, so crit builds aren't totally worthless. They could do with a bit of a buff, though. My heat sword with nothing but fire rate and +25% damage mods still outperforms it with the +375% melee damage from frame mods. The frame mods don't seem to boost the gram as much as they should, but I haven't tested it much.

Edited by Sealgaire

Weakest mods ? You never dropped a blue +20 Loot radar, did you ?

lol I've actually gotten to the point where I unconsciously delete them on sight, so I'd forgotten they exist lol. Updated OP.

I have a +70% melee crit damage mod that was +150% before the nerf, so they still go at least that high. The cap for crit damage on combo mods seems to be 20%, I have a few that also have +15% melee and freeze damage. Combining a bunch of +15% crit chance mods with those and a +34% fire rate made my Gram kind of a monster. It killed 3 full health ancients in one swing on Eris with a charge attack, so crit builds aren't totally worthless. They could do with a bit of a buff, though. My heat sword with nothing but fire rate and +25% damage mods still outperforms it with the +375% melee damage from frame mods. The frame mods don't seem to boost the gram as much as they should, but I haven't tested it much.

Yeah, I've got a single melee +69% in ~100 hours of play, but when compared to the alternatives, it's simply inferior. The other thing it sounds like you're saying is that you have to build pure crit to be useful and even then it's still useless which is kinda my point.

LIkewise with crit chance, weapons have a 1% crit rate, so +15% crit chance from a rank 30 blue mod means effectively nothing.

when a weapon shows 0.1 doesnt mean it has 1% crit chance.. it means it has 10%.

100% = 1.0 ... to show crit chance that way is stupid, i know.

.. how did I? How did I miss that... Did I just not see the "." and read it as 01 all this time?

Regardless, that is a terrible way of representing it since it only goes to the tenths when your mods will be in the hundreths. All the same, crit chance mods could still stand an increase in effect. Going from 10->11.5% still isn't much. 1.5% chance boost of critting which means effectively doubled damage which means you're only increasing average damage output by a measly 3%. Damage mods are more than eight times larger than that.

If that's the case, then I'm exceptionally unlucky when I hooked one onto my Braton because there was no way on earth I was getting remotely close to a 25% crit rate. I run >300% multishot, so I ought to get crits almost constantly if this were true. This was definitely not the case.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I don't think that the shots multishot adds get a seperate crit roll than the one that spawned them. I've noticed with my Snipetron that if one shot crits, they all do. So multishot doesn't actually raise your crit chance, though it does effectively raise your crit damage. Another reason it's broke as hell.