The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Turned On Multi-Threading, Crazy Graphical Glitches. Turn It Back Off, Glitches Stay!

FrothyOmen

As the title says.  I am running a laptop with an i5 450M, Mobility Radeon 5650HD, 6GB RAM.  With my i5, I should be able to take advantage of the multithreading option.  When I enabled it, I did notice an improvement in my performance, enough so that I could turn up my resolution all the way up to 1366x720, turn on HDR and dynamic lighting, and STILL have performance around 24fps or better.  Solo play I would get excellent fps.  However, I am constantly seeing odd graphical glitches while playing. I will see lights spinning around in space, I will see explosions from my Ogris as big square blobs that slowly fade away.  When I log in and the planet map first appears, there is a bright light that flashes across my screen, and slowly fades.  There are a number of other oddities that should not be occurring that are in fact occurring.  So, I figured "Alright, this option is not working out for me.  I am going to turn it off and go back to what I had before."  This did not work.

The game still performs as if I had turned the multi-threading option on.  My performance is excellent, but I am still experiencing these graphical glitches constantly despite turning the option off.  I tried verifying my game files on steam, it found 77 errors and fixed them all.  Booted the game up again, same exact problem.  I deleted the game completely and redownloaded it, never turning multithreading on, same problem.  I am not experiencing any graphical oddities elsewhere on my computer be it in regular use or in other games, it's only within Warframe.

I have tried cycling on and off all of the graphics options like HDR, blur, dynamic lighting, color correction, etc.  and none of them have any effect whatsoever upon these graphical glitches.

The game is, however completely playable still.  A little annoying with the lights flashing everywhere they shouldn't be, special effects on my melee weapons not lining up with the weapon itself, the "orange pulsing ring" when you pick up a mod being huge, blurry, and moving slowly across my screen as opposed to the quick pulses; but otherwise very playable.  In fact, this is almost making my game better!  In Orokin Derelicts, there were areas where my framerate used to CRAWL.  Particularly the U-shaped loot room with the, what, 9 lockers?  The one with 2 turrets in it in regular void.  That and that random tube that's overgrown with roots and such.  Now, instead of my computer barely being able to run those, I get amazing FPS in those rooms.  However, there are jaggy, floaty, huge particle effects floating around like crazy in these rooms that are sort of tough to see though.  Again, I don't know if I'm even complaining about this though since my game is actually running at a playable FPS in these areas now.

I am at work and do not have any screenshots available, but if it would help for me to include screenshots to demonstrate some of the weirdness I am experiencing I will gladly do so this evening.

Actually, here are some pictures I googled from Fallout New Vegas that demonstrates a handful of the issues I am experiencnig in Warframe.  Note that I am not experiencing issues as bad as the second picture, however it is representative of some of the glitchiness that I am seeing.  Mine is to a much smaller extent than that though, and the jaggy blob does not stay in space forever usually.  Rather they stick around when they appear only for a few seconds, then fade away.

http://www.megabearsfan.net/image.axd?picture=2011%2F4%2FFalloutNewVegas_glitches_600x300.jpg

http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/fallout.gamepedia.com/thumb/5/5f/WeirdGraphicalGlitch.JPG/350px-WeirdGraphicalGlitch.JPG

Take a look at this screenshot: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/03/Warframe-PhysX.jpg .  Pretty normal looking, right? Some nice, tiny particles flying all over.  In my case, I do not see these small, tight, crisp particles.  I see big square blobs that obstruct my vision until they fade away over the course of a few seconds.

I hope that I have provided enough information for someone to be able to recommend a potential fix to this issue.  If nothing else, hopefully somebody at DE could now be aware of this potential problem.  If I can provide any further information to assist please let me know and I will happily oblige as soon as I am reasonably able.

Edited by FrothyOmen

set vSync ON,

reinstall GPU driver

texture tearing:

maybe GPU is overheating = clean it's cooling device (GPU fan)

or maybe it's bad memory on the card (VRAM) ?

also you could take screenshot of Warframe with F6, it's places them in Capture folder

Edited by Strac_CRO