Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rubedo Drop

Zendork

Sory for my very very horrible english

The rubedo drop

This material necessary to build warframes, seldom falls.

in pluto I playing very much runs, but never drop rubedo. always drop plastids and morphics

I recommend to lower the drop of morphic and plastids, as missions are difficult, and cost a little less, but still cost get rubedo

i am recommend the low the drop of morphic and plastids, as missions are difficult but still cost get rubedo

Spanish:

La caida de rubedo

Ya que el material en muy nesesario para contruir warframe estaria bueno que caiga mas

En pluton, jugue varios runs pero nunca me cae el rubedo, siempre cae el plastido y el morphic

Recomiendo bajar el drop de plastidos y de morphic, asi cae mas rubedo, ya que las misiones cuestan, que el rubedo caiga mas, motivara a hacerlas :)

Drop of Morphic is overall pretty low. I only gotten about 2 - 3 of them from container or so. The rest were all from boss which is to be expected of having a higher drop rate for these kind of materials. But the Rubedo is a problem. Either lower the cost of Rubedo to craft things or increase drop rate/amount dropped.

Go to Earth.

Rubedo drops most of the time in quantities of 15 or more.

I do go to earth and I don't get enough by the hour. I only get about 18 or 30. If I'm lucky I might get 100 but that rarely happens. I need 500 Rubedo for a Helmet. 300 for Chassis or System. Playing a mission over and over is discouraging and make me want to leave the game for a while. In most cases cause player to quit.

I do go to earth and I don't get enough by the hour. I only get about 18 or 30. If I'm lucky I might get 100 but that rarely happens. I need 500 Rubedo for a Helmet. 300 for Chassis or System. Playing a mission over and over is discouraging and make me want to leave the game for a while. In most cases cause player to quit.

I don't know what you're complaining, to be honest.

I went with a friend and it dropped all the time. Probably 90% in small quantities but I already have about 300 or so.

I don't know what you're complaining, to be honest.

I went with a friend and it dropped all the time. Probably 90% in small quantities but I already have about 300 or so.

Yeah about 300 or so. 300 isn't even enough to make a warframe. I'm complaining at the fact that it's a common/uncommon material that is require majority of the time yet it drops in such a low quantity. Ferrite is just about as common as Rubedo yet it drops in 55 - 90 and rubedo only 18 - 23.

I need more Rubedo to craft an item than ferrite. This is what I'm complaining about.

My issue is that too many things require Rubedo so you constantly have to farm Earth or Pluto. Let's diversify the blueprints some. If that means that some other mats need to get a little more rare, that's fine. Just don't make me play the same planets over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. X_X

Lua used to be an okay spot, but now it's a Grineer Exterminate mission. There seems to be a distinct shortage of lootable lockers in the Grineer Asteroid Bases, and those are the primary source of Rubedo. I turned the map for Councilor Vay Hek upside down and didn't see more than one or two lockers out of the entire thing -- and that was with exploring the entire available map. Every cargo container was smashed, etc. etc.

Would be kinda nice if you could just buy the damn stuff with credits because there's not much else to spend them on. Make it cost 150~200 or more a unit (120k~160k for 800) and boom, instant creditsink.

I agree, although I would include Alloy Plate in this request as well.

Too many blueprints require either alloy plate or rubedo. Those 2 resources are too critical for blueprints, yet you never have enough of them. You find yourself farming missions much the way you farm bosses for blueprints. Grind isn't fun.

I agree, although I would include Alloy Plate in this request as well.

Too many blueprints require either alloy plate or rubedo. Those 2 resources are too critical for blueprints, yet you never have enough of them. You find yourself farming missions much the way you farm bosses for blueprints. Grind isn't fun.

Sad thing is I have a higher chance of getting the blue print I need from bosses than 100 Rubedo from 1 mission run.

Lua used to be an okay spot, but now it's a Grineer Exterminate mission. There seems to be a distinct shortage of lootable lockers in the Grineer Asteroid Bases, and those are the primary source of Rubedo. I turned the map for Councilor Vay Hek upside down and didn't see more than one or two lockers out of the entire thing -- and that was with exploring the entire available map. Every cargo container was smashed, etc. etc.

Would be kinda nice if you could just buy the damn stuff with credits because there's not much else to spend them on. Make it cost 150~200 or more a unit (120k~160k for 800) and boom, instant creditsink.

See, this is where RNG creeps into too many important aspects of the game: procedural map generation. I just got out of a Vay Hek run myself, and not only did I pull a BP from him, but I also got the most Rubedo I have from a single mission, almost 90 (something like five drops), and I certainly did not bother exploring every single room. There were an incredible amount of containers just on the main path, from start to Hek, and then to extraction.

So you've just witnessed one end of the spectrum, and I've seen the other. It needs to be tightened up.

I think it would be a good idea to add small amounts rubedo or other materials randomly to alert reward. It wouldn't matter that it's a rather small amount, since it'd be a non-rng, guaranteed one. This would also make alerts a meaningful thing to complete. With the default credit reward for the missions being 550 credits, I don't see the point in completing a 500-credit mission aside from getting to do an unusual assassination or something. Remove the credit reward and replace that with a resource reward visible in the reward tab.

Dropping stuff with a low chance is a rather discouraging mechanic to have when you need 800 of that resource to make a frame.

The materials aren't very balanced either. You should increase the amount of polymer bundles (and potentially morphics) in higher level items that is used. Currently polymer bundles are rather worthless because the largest batches they're ever needed for are the default helmets (150 each). I also got more than 21000 salvage after not even playing for a long time (which in turn is rather useful but you just get SO MUCH of it). Morphics is an uncommon material on pluto and a rare one somewhere else, but at this rate I still have more than I'll ever need (69 morphics). Even if this would make crafting more bothersome, it would diversify which areas are worth leveling up and/or farming in. Currently the two obvious #1 troublemakers are rubedo and alloy plates, of which perhaps rubedo is the more bothersome one, since it's required in larger quantities for basic stuff and alloy plates is only required in large amounts for new items (new helms, boltor, hek, etc.).

You can tell something is rare when you go through 4 earth missions in a row, clearing every room and having absolutely nothing to show for it afterwards.

I'd like to add my observations to the Rubedo and Alloy Plate drops. I've timed several solo runs today on Venus Raid missions (which seem to be the most efficient AP runs) and Earth Capture (same for Rubedo), but i have to stress that I ran them solo and explored every room - something very unlikely, if you want to play regular online missions.

I also need to add that I rounded the values, because I didn't plan to do a full analysis, and was initially just interested in estimates.

At a moderate pace (and I memorized about all the potential storage container spawn points), it took me around 15 min 16 sec per AP run with an average drop amount of 32 units, although there were also some runs with 0 drops. I didn't have as many data points for the Rubedo runs, because frankly, it became very tedious, but I averaged about 44 Rubedo with an average mission time of 17 min 9 sec.

I don't have any systems blueprints atm, and I don't remember the resources they require, but the Warframe Wikia doesn't mention AP or Rubedo, so I'll leave those out.

So to farm the 150 AP for the helmet, I'd need an average of 1 h 16 min (5 Venus runs), plus 3 h 22 min for 500 Rubedo (11 Earth runs), plus 2 h 16 min for the 300 Rubedo for the chassis (7 Earth runs).

To put it together: farming only the AP + Rubedo resources required for a new Warframe alone will take an average of almost 7 hours of pure mindless solo grinding, and that doesn't include the often ridiculous drop rates for certain BP parts, or minor inconveniences, like Control Modules or Orokin Cells, let alone the construction time.

Now I understand that this is a F2P game, and I really appreciate, that DE even gives players the option to earn their gear by playing the game, instead of having to buy it. I also don't mind if a game makes me work hard for this - it'll even make me appreciate my achievements more. BUT - if playing Warframe was my fulltime job, taking the BP drop rates and the build time into account, it'd take me, with some luck, about a week until I can hold my shiny new frame in my hands.

Now I'm not saying this is too long, I also understand that it's in DE's interest to keep us playing for as long as possible, but I don't think making your players repeating the same mundane task over and over again for 8 hours is the right way to do that.

On a positive side note: My reaction time now is the bomb - although of questionable use against the magically zip-zapping mobs I encounter in a lot of online missions, thanks to a laggy connection with the host, but that's OT, I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by plastictrash

I don't have any systems blueprints atm, and I don't remember the resources they require, but the Warframe Wikia doesn't mention AP or Rubedo, so I'll leave those out.

1 Control Module, 1 Morphics, 500 Salvage, 220 Plastids. I can reliably get CMs by going to beat up the Hyena, and the other three are so common in their areas it's not even funny.

Also I just did the Earth Spy mission and got about 120ish Rubedo by raiding everything. Probably just a fluke though. :(