Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution To Void Drops And Derelict Replay

XandoCalrissian

Let's cut to the chase, the Void is absolutely stuffed with rewards with the introduction of Mag Prime and Dakra Prime parts to the Void drop pool. In the case of Derelicts, the only rewards are Golem Coordinates and Mutagen Samples, the latter of which is now exclusive to the Derelicts when it was once as common as any other resource material. Nobody wants to double-grind for Nav Coordinates to then grind Mutagen Samples so the use of exclusive mutagen as incentive to replay Derelicts is a poor and aggravating one.

So here's our situation, we want Void drops uncluttered, we want a GOOD reason to go to Derelicts after farming Nekros, and we want our Mutagen back while DE seems to want some incentive to play Derelict missions.

The solution is simple: Move some rewards from Void missions over to Derelict missions.

This will unclutter the Void drops and provide a good reason to revisit Derelicts after the quest for Nekros is well and done (thoough the Derelict Assassination drops should remain unchanged due to Nekros being a triple-grind affair). This also removes the perceived necessity in DE's eyes that Mutagen must be Derelict-only to encourage Derelict replay value, so that it may be returned to its former home planets and we can all look forward to Dojo research with less dread. De should be happy too since Derelicts will be significantly played beyond a player's farm-fest for Nekros.

TL;DR (shame on you!): Moving some Void rewards to Derelicts makes everyone happy.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NAVS for the love of DE. There's PLENTY of them EVERYWHERE. Play several missions and you already have 15-20 of them. Resource and credit costs are being lowered as well so stop being such a baby. 

Now on the other things, I do agree that void is cluttered and derelict is a little too empty.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NAVS for the love of DE. There's PLENTY of them EVERYWHERE. Play several missions and you already have 15-20 of them. Resource and credit costs are being lowered as well so stop being such a baby. 

Now on the other things, I do agree that void is cluttered and derelict is a little too empty.

The availability of Navs is not an issue, it's the fact that because they take an hour a piece to craft and you can't craft duplicate missions and the time it takes to play a Derelict mission looks pretty bad considering how much Mutagen you get per mission.

I know DE must be hating the whole Trading thing by this point and i don't blame them. I also don't blame them or anyone else for that matter for not wanting to have the chat system flooded with WTB/WTS etc.

As an idea for trading that would avoid all of that, why couldn't we have some kind of system where the players can turn in unwanted blueprint parts for tokens or just earn tokens from doing certain mission types (void, boss levels, etc). Then use those tokens to pay for the parts that they do actually want or need.

This bypasses the whole WTS/WTB/AH/Trade spam and system, instead it would be similar to the market with only a change in currency. Instead of players farming defense to get void keys, so they can then farm void until they get the desired part, it will instead be a case of getting to the void and earning a appropriate number of tokens and actually being able to see their progress towards the part of their choice. DE has mentioned they want to get get away from a 'grindy' feeling game and a token system would do that a lot better than RNG.

The obtainable items could be 'locked' in much the same way as mastery, but instead by what levels they have completed. Or they could be locked in a way that there are specific tokens for specific bosses.

EG. A player has completed the orokin derelict boss mission means that they can now apply their tokens to buying the needed parts of Nekros.

This system will be a lot less tedious, time consuming and frustrating as the current "I hope i get XXXX BP or part" or the "I hope DE gets Trade in soon".

Allowing long term players something to do with the multitude or spare parts and possibly getting the one item that has forever eluded them, while still providing casual or occasional players a chance at obtaining their 'Frame' or equipment of choice.