The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe causing other programs in background to stutter and crash.

Hikarin

So for a while now I have had this problem where warframe would cause Discord, Google, and many other programs to start stuttering and lagging. 
However, the moment I alt-tab from warframe, everything goes back to normal, its most noticeable on discord when I stream for someone in private. when I play the game, it shows more or less 1 frame per second, give or take: the moment I alt-tab out of Warframe, discord starts working in normal 30 framerate. (i do run 2 screens)

Same thing with youtube for example. If I play warframe while I have a video going on my second screen, the video stops buffering and eventually starts to stutter and eventually crash. 
The only program that actually seems to work somewhat well with warframe is OBS, which allows me to stream, but I have a hard time doing almost anything else in the background with warframe running. 

A good assumption is to say I have a weak PC, and that's fair but false. For warframe standards I have well above minimum requirements:
Intel Core i7 950 
14GB ram (don't ask... long story)
Nvidia Geforce 1060 GTC  6GB
I keep warframe on SATA, not SSD( my OS is on SSD and so are any programs that are not games)

Another Game I tried to test, was BDO(Black Desert Online) and it doesn't have that problem, on the "remastered" quality.