Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intel Graphics Driver 5/15/2019 Performance

ECHOALPHASUD

My laptop has a GTX1060 on which Warframe is set to use. It also has Intel HD Graphics 630 from the i7-7700HQ CPU.

I had previously had Intel graphics driver version 26.20.100.6708 dated 4/18/2019. I was getting minimum fps of 60 (capped) in the orbiter and login screen at 4k resolution, fullscreen and with dynamic resolution set to auto. Upon the system updating the Intel graphics driver to version 26.20.100.6861 dated 5/15/2019, I noticed a significant performance drop in the orbiter and login screen (sub 30 fps). I confirmed that Warframe was still running using the GTX1060 and there were no other applications/windows open. I uninstalled the Intel driver through device manager, then updated the Microsoft driver which resulted in Intel graphics driver version 22.20.16.4708 dated 16/06/2017. Now the game runs as expected previously before the 5/15/2019 update.

From what I have gathered after the update I got a dramatic performance loss, and after reverting that specific update I recouped the lost performance.