The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

White screen, then minimizes

Grim_SS

I've had a few instances in the past week or so where the screen freezes or goes white, the window minimizes, but the game still runs and everything (as far as I can tell). While the window is minimized, the program maintains focus, in fact you can't take focus away from it, but the screen won't maximize again. Controls and audio keep working as well. 

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to when it happens, it just happened while fighting a glitched Ropalolyst, and it happened before the update.

[Update] It's been doing this every day now. Still no noticeable consistent attributing factors. Haven't had a single issue in any other games, but this issue always happens at least once or twice in the couple hours I'm on Warframe.

[Update 2] Almost 3 weeks from initial post and it still does this at least 1-2 per day. To clarify, I only play an hour or so in an average day. I know it's not an easy fix. It's just very frustrating to constantly have to drop everything and relaunch the game, especially in the middle of trying to grind 8 waves in ESO. For the sake of my blood pressure, I'll probably just have to stay away from this game for a few months, until there's word that it's fixed.

[Update 3] It's getting even worse. Game now tabs out of itself on launch, the game hangs up while leaving arsenal, I just had the same minimize "crash" twice in 20 minutes, and it almost crashed the PC entirely. Good thing I had no interest in Plague Star, because there's no way I'll be able to participate with these fatal game issues.

[Update 4] New update released today. Problem persists.

[Update 5] Problem is even worse, it just crashed my whole PC. Screen did the usual nonsense then went to a black screen for ~10 seconds before going to a solid green screen where everything ceased to function. Wasn't in the game 5 minutes. Still not the slightest issue in any other game.

-[Update 5 Cont.] Two system crashes in ~30 min. of playtime. I guess I have to pray for some sort of reimbursement for everything I've been screwed out of because of this fatal issue. Just gets more frustrating by the day.

[Update 6] Wukong Prime/Nightwave series 2 update came out today, but problem still persists.

[Update 7] (7/11/19) Almost 2 months now and screen crashes still occur frequently, but I've had a couple instances where I can maximize the window to a blank white screen while the game still seems to function, according to the functional audio. Of course, you still can't manage to accomplish anything while being blind to whatever is going on in-game. Still crashes AMD graphics utility (Crimson(?))

- Only decided to try playing because I had gotten 7 day boosters from login, but when it crashes at least once per hour I guess I'm gonna lose out on even more boosters/rewards/etc. I think I need to give up and uninstall, this is pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Grim_SS