The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trilinear Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering Issue

adryan338

Hello everyone!

Lately I've been having some heavy FPS drops in Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon, when using effects with many particles. So I tought to disable GPU Particles and Particle Quality. I did it but, there was little to none improvement, my FPS still droped when shooting with Arca Plasmor for example.

Then I remebered that Orb Vallis had some perfomance issues with Anisotropic Filtering, when it was launched. So I went and disabled both AF and Trilinear Filtering, and the FPS drops were gone, this with GPU Particles and Particules Quality at max settings, and my gpu has clocked down from ~1550 mhz to like 800 mhz and my fps was still at 70 fps at 1440p maxed out.

So I tought to go to POE to test same thing, the result were bit different. TF didn't had such an impact like in Orb Vallis, and so was with AF, the testing in POE was made in an area with a lot of trees and grass. But when I disabled both TF and AF, I had a more stable fps, so it still has a significant impact and probably a heavier impact in fights in such areas.

Here are the main parts of my setup and some pictures to show the difference in GPU ressources between TF on and off in Orb Vallis, with AF at x8 because it didn't had such an impact in ressources. I never encountered a game with such impact in performance with this two settings, especially with a mid range GPU.

CPU: Intel I5 8600K 4.8 Ghz
RAM: 16 Gb 3200 Mhz DDR4
GPU: AMD RX Vega56

Spoiler

Trilinear Filtering Off:
https://ibb.co/8dy9DyF

Trilinear Filtering On:
https://ibb.co/BPtLMkb

Apologise for my english and the format.