The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Freezes, crashes, and bluescreens

__Zero__Two__

Hey guys, very recently Warframe has been crashing at the conclusion of the startup load screen, just as it should cut to the seated Warframe. It also freezes when alt-tabbing back to it though that's rare it produces the same results as follows. Trying to restart Warframe gives a 'Graphics Driver Initialization Failed' error. Soon after my pc will shut down of its own accord and open programs like Logitech GHUB lose all their settings. If I close my computer before this, it bluescreens before completing the shutdown with the error 'VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR'.

I've done the following since the problem began to try to fix it:

• Updated Windows10  to 1903
  • Reinstalled Warframe
  • Verified the new Warframe
  • Performed several system scans with Kaspersky Total Security
  • Removed the drivers for both the integrated card and the dedicated graphics card using Display Driver Uninstaller
  • Installed both the latest drivers

Im at the stage where Im trying previous drivers as recommended by my PC's manufacturer but if anyone knows something they don't please let me know 'coz support haven't said anything yet either. After this I may have to do a parallel install, so they say.

My setup is:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.2GHz (though if task manager's to be believed it's running at a little under 4 GHz)
  • 32 GB RAM
  • DirectX 12
  • Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Not that it matters too much)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design (8GB)
  • Windows 10 v1903
Edited by __Zero__Two__
Grammar

• 1 month later...

I'm not really sure If I would be any help on this subject. Mainly, I'm curious if you have gotten any help from the support team; or somewhere else. I plan on updating my entire system within the next week or two; and hearing that a 2080 is getting issues with this game is quite disheartening. I would go on a rant about the game's stability itself; but, I don't feel like I have enough information to justify such claims. It seems silly that people, such as yourself, with good setups are struggling on a game that shouldn't be struggling to run (in my opinion). Given the system requirements, you should be more than in the clear for this game; as are a lot of people that are having issues. So, maybe they should come out in the open with actual stable system requirements. I'm sure someone will claim systems differ from one another, which is true; but, I don't feel like that should be used as a fair and justifiable excuse for the developer. If they wanted this to be justifiable, then they could at least offer a decent support team and response time; which is a whole other subject I won't get into, and I'm sure someone may call me out on. But, I digress. My apologies for ranting. I myself have done everything I can to try to fix and stabilize this game; and the crashes never consistently make sense. So, after crashing several dozen times, it gets a bit frustrating; as I'm sure you can relate.

As far as your situation goes, I don't really see an issue hardware wise. I'm also not a computer savant. I think the one thing that caught my eye is the integrated graphics on the CPU. I'm not sure if that may be causing any conflicts with the game reading from 2080 or not. But, I imagine you have tried everything I will point out; and I think some of their help/support pages refer to this subject. If you haven't already, my focus would be on the integrated graphics and driver version to start. I think, for some people, reverting to a certain driver may actually help for certain games. Also, if this might only be for AMD, I think some people were saying that they had to change the amount of RAM their BIOS read to run the game properly. I believe the example I read had the user reduce the RAM to a lower amount than rated for (such as 2### from 3200). 

Anyways, I hope that you managed to get some help and the game is running properly. Whenever, I build my new system, I will see if I still have issues. If I do, I'll try to report back and see if I can find a fix. But, at that point, I may just give up on the game; which is a shame, because it's the only MMO my buddy will play. 

Have a great day and best wishes. Sorry if I wasn't of any help. Most of my knowledge of this has come from reading other people's posts; which I'm sure you have already had the luxury of going through. Cheers!

Edited by SirPanclarks