The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot

LadyScootaloo

Question

I heard the highest multishot mod is a rank30 artifact-grade with 99%.

What happens if you put 2 or more of those into a shotgun?

(I did this with a 50% and 60% on Lex, though I haven't paid enough attention to tell if it does anything)

Edit :

Bonus question (not important)

- How much does Rifle Amp arti actually give...

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

13 answers to this question

Shotguns are effected differently by multishot...Mainly cause shotguns assess effects on a per bullet basis.

Shotguns simply increase the number of pellets fired by the % of multishot shown. In your example, it would about triple the number of pellets fired per shot!

Edit :

Bonus question (not important)

- How much does Rifle Amp arti actually give...

Can't test it as I'm not home currently but on my Latron I was doing 98 per headshot on Assassination Vay Hek's face on Earth, 285 crit.

That was with one Rifle Amp. With two Rifle Amps (this is when I learned they stack!) I was doing 108 per headshot, 315 crit.

My information may be off by some numbers, this is the best I can recall from last night.

To clarify/confirm, the highest value for multishot mods is 100%. Got a 100% multishot bronco mod earlier today. Generally, weapon specific multishot mods will be of higher values than general weapon class multishot mods (for example, I have several pistol multishot mods at ~70%, and 2 Bronco specific multishot mods with the values of 98.5% and 100%).

Stacking multishot on non-shotgun weapons causes weapons to shoot additional bullets. In your case, stacking 60% and 50% multishot mods would result in a total of 110% multishot. Notice in your weapon window that the value affected when hovering over your multishot mod looks like "1.0 -> 1.6".

A 110% increase in multishot means that your weapon will fire 1 extra bullet per shot (100% = 1 extra bullet, for a total of 2, including the normally fired bullet), and will fire 1 additional bullet every 10 shots (that's the 10% extra...because 100% = 1 extra bullet, 10% = 1/10th of a bullet theoretically, but this just means that an extra bullet will fire on your 10th shot every 10 shots).

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if multishot is based on percentage or fixed increases.

If you think of multishot as being the percentage chance to fire another bullet, then a 100% increase in multishot would translate in a 100% chance to fire an additional bullet. But, if you continue thinking about multishot in this way, then what would a 200% increase in multishot mean? There's a 200% chance that you will fire an additional bullet? That doesn't really seem to make sense.

I am more tempted to think about it in terms of a fixed increase in bullets fired. A 100% increase in multishot translates to 1 extra bullet fired. A 200% increase in multishot translates to 2 extra bullets fired. According to this line of thought, a 150% increase in multishot translates to 1.5 extra bullets fired...but because you can't fire .5 of a bullet, it would have to mean that an additional bullet would be fired every 2 shots (as opposed to "having a 50% chance to fire an extra bullet").

Eh, I'm not really positive on what is actually the case in terms of the fraction %s.

It is also important to note that multishotted bullets ARE affected by spread, which can be annoying. Regardless, multishot is the strongest mod in the game, so yup, get huntin!

thats a lot of damage for the heck. also what are artifact lvl mods are those the blue ones or is there a level higher than that thave i've never seen?

A friend of mine has 2 purple mods that insane stats and one of them from wat he told me is worth 10k and it gives him +80% melee damage