Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Electric Shock Grenades

Synns

Anyone else hate the enemy grenades especially the electric shock ones, if your team mates are preoccupied themselves you just end up easy kill for the enemy, not fun. I. Feel there should either be a way to get yourself out of the effect sooner or the effect should be shorter, maybe drain half your shield instead of all of it. What do others think?

these grenades kinda need to go in my opinion, if i get into a game by myself and the enemy has these, its pretty much a game-over before the game even begins because the buggers HOME IN on you, and do so indefinitely until they get destroyed somehow, yet destroying them is pretty much out the window because they are really fast and really small. You then get stunlocked permanently and if the grenade was on you when you died, then you respawn with the effect still happening, sans the grenade.

i have no problem with grenades being in the game, it does add that bit of difficulty that the game was kinda lacking, but these shock grenades have pretty much killed any chance of the game having any form of single-player ability due to how easily the enemy can lock you down permanently even from across the room and around walls. i would much rather prefer that they just seek out enemies with shields and drain the shields, i can understand them being shield busters, but i would be much happier if the effect ended after the shields were drained and then they fell off.

the current setup requires you to have teammates that are aware enough to know what is going on, and enough luck that your entire team doesnt get stunlocked at the same time. im still playing the game, but everyone is on a map where these grenades are not being used and that is enough of a reason to remove or rework the shock grenade to me.

Edited by Halikar

The grenades work well, the fact that there is no grenade indicator however... plus they arent explained so for the first couple days everyone is doing a little chicken dance. It should calm down. It might be easier if we had more information on some of the traps, but live and learn I guess.

The electric grenades (anyone have the official name?) are incredibly frustrating. They're too hard to see, avoid, and/or destroy before they attach and start stunlocking you when you're in an area with many enemies. Despite the blue objective marker, they're often pretty hard to see against warframe textures if you're trying to shoot one off of your teammate quickly. The frantic twitching of your teammate doesn't help either. Above all, they feel cheap. It's no fun having to deal with these things whether you're able to avoid them or not, because in the back of your mind you know the consequence of getting caught is completely losing control over your character. In a space ninja game, that's the antithesis of fun. At least when you're downed you can still shoot enemies.

The electric grenades... Above all, [feel] cheap. It's no fun having to deal with these things whether you're able to avoid them or not, because in the back of your mind you know the consequence of getting caught is completely losing control over your character. In a space ninja game, that's the antithesis of fun. At least when you're downed you can still shoot enemies.

Calder hit the nail on the head -- these things just feel cheap and do not add a GOOD challenge to the game.

Personal experiences playing the game. Stay mobile almost all the time. No issues with grenades as enemies are more preoccupied with actual shooting to throw them.

Play the game like a cover shooter. Get grenaded.

play game like a mobile shooter, get grenaded anyway. its part of the AI for the enemy that uses it to throw it regardless of what your current cover situation is.

after a bit more playing you begin to realize which enemy it is that throws them, but since all grineer tend to look the same in a firefight anyway its still fairly annoying. i still find them incredibly cheap, if not a tad more bearable now. they really dont add any fun to the game.

play game like a mobile shooter, get grenaded anyway. its part of the AI for the enemy that uses it to throw it regardless of what your current cover situation is.

after a bit more playing you begin to realize which enemy it is that throws them, but since all grineer tend to look the same in a firefight anyway its still fairly annoying. i still find them incredibly cheap, if not a tad more bearable now. they really dont add any fun to the game.

Really? The only times they throw grenades at me are the rare occasions that I hide in cover to regen my shield. Otherwise they're too busy running away from me, shooting at me, or dying horribly.