Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I don't like plains

Morndawn

I was trying to sum up after I slowly realized that I don't like plains even it was something I wished for. Since I started to play Warframe I wished to leave those small tunnels and see the world. The first plains was like my dream alive - I could run around, I saw that interesting village, looking overal the way as I was imagining. Also fishing, cutting, all those village like activities supported that feeling of being finally incorporated into the world of Warframe's Earth. But then after a few bounties, events took me only to 3rd rank of Centron standing, I realized there is nothing else fun to do and there is still more than 200K reputation I should get, which was more that I got with all the fun part. I was expecting with the boss fight, it will be the way how to get remaining amount of reputation, but instead it became another the same amount of reputation to get, only with 1 mission to do over and over. I still loved the plains but I knew I will never come to the end and with that I left plains. 

Sadly instead of dealing with that problem that some players don't like plains, DE decided to change plains into pile of strangely wet looking clay, so it is not even cool there anymore. 

After that Venus came, where it was not only the same exact pattern, but also 3rd boss full reputation was added. So sadly all the cool remained in the village/outpost again, and outside - I don't even like how Venus landscape looks like. There are cool mushrooms, caves, some lakes, but the rest is just boring. I was hoping for lavas of hot underground bursting from underground - as a yellow contrast to the white snow everywhere, but it just all just static and quiet. I wished for some missions that would get me the feeling I'm fighting against corporation, but it is just the same bland missons with annoying CC mobs.

I wish DE would go back to the original reason why players wanted something like plains and expanded on that instead. 

1. players like it is more static, slower than tunnels run, so some of them may like all the fishing/mining, but the reputation gain is almost 0. It became slowly better with the tracking missions and with racing, but I wish there would be more like that.

2. the missions there are exactly the same as in tunnels, only you have to run around a lot, so you don't even enjoy the plains and I have technical issues on Venus all the time. 

so I wish there would be different, more solo missions with different goals.

3. if you want to change something on Earth plains, please do not change vegetation, change the grineer outposts. If it was meant to be savanna, it will not be more interesting if you add a few trees? What about something like from savanna - like really big strangely looking tree, or maybe even some more strangely looking grineer outpost - not just military looking, but less realistic - like a hive or something like that.

I have heard that someone said that plains are step in a wrong direction and after some thinking I realized that for me it is not the plains itself, it is the reputation mechanism without shortcuts with nothing really cool to get. 

The worst is that DE response was to create daily forced grind with no content or purpose as their way how to deal with that problem. Or maybe with the problem that players don't spend enough of time in their game. Warframe is a very fast game. You finish a mission in a few minutes and with a few kills. For some players it may be the reason why they play it. The only way how to force players to stay longer without longer missions is to make it annoying. Plains could be answer to that, but instead they created another problem. 

I'm not a typical player of Warframe, so I don't know if someone else have the same problem.