Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Legged Warframe.

Mr.Osman

I have no real idea in mind. I would just like to start the topic to watch the great ideas pour in. Thou I do think its VERY possible with the way everyone moves and it could just use some sort of side or back mounted weapons. I would assume it would be alone the lines of Jackle only (you know) good looking. Hell, run with it, I'd like to see what you all have in mind as well.  

(had made another post but I'll just copy paste it here)

After thinking about it for a moment I could really see some potential with this.

You could have a nice move list such as:

Animal Instinct - Just a basic leap to a mob, knocking any in its path down (or take dmg) with an aoe on fall  (Range and aoe dmg as it lvls)

Mechanical Madness - It would use the panic that the Ignis used and could also blow apart electronics much like volt. (increase the fear time as it lvls )(may also show enemy's in a glowing red outline much like friendlies blue outline?) 

Spare Battery- Gives you unlimited stamina for a short amount of time. (time limit increases as you lvl)

Destruction - you post yourself in a spot (all for legs get into a mounted weapon formation) unable to move but you can fire BOTH primary and secondary for a limited time.

Idk maybe it will give you all some ideas.

Edited by Mr.Osman

Seeing as the Warframes are Tenno (Humans, basically) in suits, this is very unlikely. Human physiology doesn't lend itself to this sort of thing. However, I have seen some ideas with warframes that have abilities that shift them into a quadrupedal form, such as Asena by Sagaris; she has the ability to turn into a wolf(-like creature).

If a Warframe with a quadrupedal alternate form were done well, I would welcome it, but the problem is balancing the two sides of said frame and the ability that shifts it. Most ideas I have seen involve an alternate ability set for the alternate form, but that introduces the problem of how those work. Do they operate on cooldowns, while the shifting ability requires energy? Is the shifting ability free, but drains energy over time, making the alternate abilities again run on cooldowns? Or is the shifting again free, but potentially linked to a duration, with the abilities having energy costs as normal?

And of course, if you evade that problem entirely, what makes the alternate form worth it? Is it just a beastly tank? Is it fast and agile, with a decent attack? Or is it a glass cannon, fragile but powerful? It has to fit the flavor of the frame, obviously, making this harder than it would perhaps seem at first glance.

Seeing as the Warframes are Tenno (Humans, basically) in suits, this is very unlikely. Human physiology doesn't lend itself to this sort of thing. However, I have seen some ideas with warframes that have abilities that shift them into a quadrupedal form, such as Asena by Sagaris; she has the ability to turn into a wolf(-like creature).

If a Warframe with a quadrupedal alternate form were done well, I would welcome it, but the problem is balancing the two sides of said frame and the ability that shifts it. Most ideas I have seen involve an alternate ability set for the alternate form, but that introduces the problem of how those work. Do they operate on cooldowns, while the shifting ability requires energy? Is the shifting ability free, but drains energy over time, making the alternate abilities again run on cooldowns? Or is the shifting again free, but potentially linked to a duration, with the abilities having energy costs as normal?

And of course, if you evade that problem entirely, what makes the alternate form worth it? Is it just a beastly tank? Is it fast and agile, with a decent attack? Or is it a glass cannon, fragile but powerful? It has to fit the flavor of the frame, obviously, making this harder than it would perhaps seem at first glance.

Honestly, I was thinking along the limes of an AI bot. Always 4 legged.

Edited by Mr.Osman

Honestly, I was thinking along the limes of an AI bot. Always 4 legged.

Ummm... they probably won't do that, especially. We're the Tenno, not the Corpus. It goes against the very premise of the game.

That said, spare energy is a very good ability idea, and could be used on some other frame suggestion. Destruction is a cool idea as well, and reminds me of a beefed up version of the second ability on a frame me and my clanmate LegionVangaurd recently posted, Ordnance. If you'd like, you can see him here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110176-sotr-warframes-part-ii-hawk-ordnance-and-shaman/

Edited by Siubijeni

Ummm... they probably won't do that, especially. We're the Tenno, not the Corpus. It goes against the very premise of the game.

That said, spare energy is a very good ability idea, and could be used on some other frame suggestion. Destruction is a cool idea as well, and reminds me of a beefed up version of the second ability on a frame me and my clanmate LegionVangaurd recently posted, Ordnance. If you'd like, you can see him here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110176-sotr-warframes-part-ii-hawk-ordnance-and-shaman/

Will do. Also, I never read the lore if it taboo to use drones or droids?

Will do. Also, I never read the lore if it taboo to use drones or droids?

Not per se. I mean, that is what the sentinels are, you know? The problem is trying to replace the player with a drone or droid. The Tenno are the extent of their military forces. Everything about them screams an aversity to sending something into combat in their place. They are flavored as an Order of Space Ninja, basically... I mean their bases are called Dojos, and they are organized into clans. It's never outright said, but the general impression is that of people who place a lot of value on a code of honor and meeting the enemy on the battlefield.

The Corpus are more the kind of group that uses proxies, and sure enough, they do indeed use robotic units in-game. As a shadowy mercantile techno-cult that worships the Orokin and hates the Tenno as unworthy inheritors of all the Orokin created and possess, it would be disappointing if the robots weren't their forte.

The essence of the objection is that by replacing a Tenno with a quadrupedal robot--or indeed, any robot--you are breaking the game's world by undermining one of the main 4 factions (arguably the most important faction, as we play as Tenno) philosophies and practices. Breaking, specifically, their probable code of honor. If flavor is not enough of an objection for you (or anyone else reading this) bear in mind that most of the Tenno's technology, including the Warframes, is based on things inherited and learned from the Orokin. From all appearances, the Orokin lacked any such heavy robots or tanks, because since they had the power and agility the Warframes offered, why settle for anything less? In the unlikely event that any such substitution took place, it would undoubtedly be based on things stolen from the Corpus and as such fall under ClanTech researched in the Dojo. As the most significant thing in the Dojo thus far is a single sentinel, I find it likely that even if they decided to make this there would be more of a build-up to ClanTech so large.

Not per se. I mean, that is what the sentinels are, you know? The problem is trying to replace the player with a drone or droid. The Tenno are the extent of their military forces. Everything about them screams an aversity to sending something into combat in their place. They are flavored as an Order of Space Ninja, basically... I mean their bases are called Dojos, and they are organized into clans. It's never outright said, but the general impression is that of people who place a lot of value on a code of honor and meeting the enemy on the battlefield.

The Corpus are more the kind of group that uses proxies, and sure enough, they do indeed use robotic units in-game. As a shadowy mercantile techno-cult that worships the Orokin and hates the Tenno as unworthy inheritors of all the Orokin created and possess, it would be disappointing if the robots weren't their forte.

The essence of the objection is that by replacing a Tenno with a quadrupedal robot--or indeed, any robot--you are breaking the game's world by undermining one of the main 4 factions (arguably the most important faction, as we play as Tenno) philosophies and practices. Breaking, specifically, their probable code of honor. If flavor is not enough of an objection for you (or anyone else reading this) bear in mind that most of the Tenno's technology, including the Warframes, is based on things inherited and learned from the Orokin. From all appearances, the Orokin lacked any such heavy robots or tanks, because since they had the power and agility the Warframes offered, why settle for anything less? In the unlikely event that any such substitution took place, it would undoubtedly be based on things stolen from the Corpus and as such fall under ClanTech researched in the Dojo. As the most significant thing in the Dojo thus far is a single sentinel, I find it likely that even if they decided to make this there would be more of a build-up to ClanTech so large.

Isn't lotus AI thou? 

Isn't lotus AI thou? 

Very little has been said about the Lotus and her role in the game. In point of fact, her name isn't even Lotus (Probably. Her name has yet to be revealed, if it ever will be). The Lotus is a seperate body that is affiliated with the Tenno in some way, and seems (from the Lotus Lady's comments in game) to be ruled by some sort of Council. It is at the direction of the Lotus that the Tenno have been being woken from their sleep in the cryopods, and it is at their direction that we go out and kick a**.

Regardless, no, it's unlikely she is an AI. Due to some of her comments that imply her presence in the mission (although that could just be figurative), I think it likely she is aboard the evac shuttle as an advisor. She may even fly it, but due to her warnings and advice it seems clear she at least has access to some sort of sensor system, making her a possible sensor officer if not pilot and sole occupant.

Edited by Siubijeni

Very little has been said about the Lotus and her role in the game. In point of fact, her name isn't even Lotus (Probably. Her name has yet to be revealed, if it ever will be). The Lotus is a seperate body that is affiliated with the Tenno in some way, and seems (from the Lotus Lady's comments in game) to be ruled by some sort of Council. It is at the direction of the Lotus that the Tenno have been being woken from their sleep in the cryopods, and it is at their direction that we go out and kick a**.

Regardless, no, it's unlikely she is an AI. Due to some of her comments that imply her presence in the mission (although that could just be figurative), I think it likely she is aboard the evac shuttle as an advisor. She may even fly it, but due to her warnings and advice it seems clear she at least has access to some sort of sensor system, making her a possible sensor officer if not pilot and sole occupant.

My dreams have been crushed. 

1349274762919_zps3993728c.gif

That was never my goal, Osman, simply to nudge you in a slightly different direction. Castle always bounces back, now you do the same. Don't go for a robotic proxy that replaces a Tenno in the squad. Design a Tenno that fills this niche! There are two main approaches I can think of and if you'd like I can give you some basic pointers in those directions.

1 - A Tenno that specializes in Firearms and Combat
This has been done by some of us other fans. In fact, I linked to my own approach to it above, a frame called Ordnance. Yours would simply be a different approach to the same idea. Where the one Vangaurd and I designed relies upon abilities simulating extra armaments, yours would take advantage of those he already has and placing him where they can do most good. Most of your abilities would even be directly transferable: Animal Instinct (with a modified name), Spare Battery, and Destruction in particular. Mechanical Madness might not fit so well but I am sure you can come up with a replacement.

2 - A Tenno the specializes as a sort of Puppeteer

The Tenno do after all use sentinels. A tenno with an additional pet, a sort of marionette if you will, could work quite well. I imagine this frame would have a high sprint modifier, giving him access to better wallrunning and the capability to get to some places the overlook the battlefield. His third ability, perhaps, would deploy his puppet, which would be a sort of channeled ability. He would effectively have no ultimate, as the 4th ability would be simply a control mechanism for his pet... move here, attack this, with a targeting system similar to the waypoints we can throw up. His first and second abilities would be up to you, but to fit this theme I would suggest either mobility abilities allowing him a better vantage of the battlefield, or combat abilities that synergize well with his puppet.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Siubijeni

That was never my goal, Osman, simply to nudge you in a slightly different direction. Castle always bounces back, now you do the same. Don't go for a robotic proxy that replaces a Tenno in the squad. Design a Tenno that fills this niche! There are two main approaches I can think of and if you'd like I can give you some basic pointers in those directions.

1 - A Tenno that specializes in Firearms and Combat

This has been done by some of us other fans. In fact, I linked to my own approach to it above, a frame called Ordnance. Yours would simply be a different approach to the same idea. Where the one Vangaurd and I designed relies upon abilities simulating extra armaments, yours would take advantage of those he already has and placing him where they can do most good. Most of your abilities would even be directly transferable: Animal Instinct (with a modified name), Spare Battery, and Destruction in particular. Mechanical Madness might not fit so well but I am sure you can come up with a replacement.

2 - A Tenno the specializes as a sort of Puppeteer

The Tenno do after all use sentinels. A tenno with an additional pet, a sort of marionette if you will, could work quite well. I imagine this frame would have a high sprint modifier, giving him access to better wallrunning and the capability to get to some places the overlook the battlefield. His third ability, perhaps, would deploy his puppet, which would be a sort of channeled ability. He would effectively have no ultimate, as the 4th ability would be simply a control mechanism for his pet... move here, attack this, with a targeting system similar to the waypoints we can throw up. His first and second abilities would be up to you, but to fit this theme I would suggest either mobility abilities allowing him a better vantage of the battlefield, or combat abilities that synergize well with his puppet.

Hope this helps!

lol its all good. I just wanted to the topic for something interesting to read and well you gave me that. Thumbs up.

• 3 weeks later...
My concept is "Wolf Warframe" 

Description:

Health-100 (220 max)

Shields-150 (300 max)

Armor-120 

Speed-1.5

Energy-120 (250 max)

Powers

1.)- Howl: wolf howls at the enemy's causing them to flee in fear for d duration of time

2.)- Hunter: wolf cloaks himself turning completely invisible, while also boosting teams melee damage for a duration of time but sacrificing 30% shields. (duration 20 sec- 40 sec, damage +400 to all weapons)

3.)- Wrath: user slams his arm into the ground causing all enemy's within range to take heavy damage (distance 6.5 meters, damage 400-1000)

4.)- Wolf pack: wolf howl's summoning a pack of energy created wolfs to aid him in battle for a duration of time (1-5 wolf's, each wolf hp 200-400, damage 100-300, duration 1 min-2.5 min.)

And if you don't like those i have more listed below.

Powers cont-

Paw print- user marks locations of all items on radar( 3-5 meters around player)

Alpha wolf- user takes 20% of all damage from all allies and converts it into a blast that damages all enemy's within its radius, if allies have been killed or are currently down it does an extra +300 damage.

Wolf run- user boosts speed for a duration of time to all allies.

Beast- user drops all weapons (sheaths or holsters them) and attack's using hand to hand combat greatly boosting attack and shields for a short amount of time.(20-40 sec)

Thick fur- increases armor and shields to all allies, while also taking away 20% ice damage.(1 min-1.3 min)

Sharpen'd claws- boosts melee attack to all allies for a short time.(10 sec-40 sec)

Growl- increases attack increases drastically but decreases armor for a short time to all teammates.(10-20 sec)

Story: Wolf is a damage dealing fast moving animal, with less strategy to his attacking he has been able to break through grineer bases all through the galaxy and save number's of tenno, with his aggressive nature he is best suited for players looking to deal damage but not take it. Also works best in a team but can play solo using his wolf pack, and beast form for when he wants the quick kill.

i did not draw the picture above nor do i own them, i am just using it as a similar description of what i am implying, until i can use my camera to upload my own drawing's.

please comment and tell me what you think :D