The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Black Screen Crash, odd behavior

Occulticat

I am having a problem with crashes that include some unusual behavior that I'm not sure how to deal with. Warframe is the only game/application I'm having this problem with, and it has quite a few odd properties...

Most often happens on PoE or Fortuna, but can occur any time a mission runs greater than half an hour. Screen goes black, then my monitor switches to a "no device connected" screen. Sound still plays, but drops off until only ambient is left. Reset button on computer doesn't respond, have to hard reset with the power button. On reset, the boot order of my hard drives is all mixed up.

While I'm sure this is probably a general computer problem more than directly being a Warframe problem, knowing what Warframe is doing during missions that might cause such a thing to happen will be a great boon to fixing it, particularly since Warframe is the only program that is encountering this problem so far.

Sounds like the crash that many, including myself, have been experiencing since the Wisp update. The total system crash hasn't been as common for me, but I know others have mentioned it. The hard drive issue on the other hand is something I haven't heard yet and might be unrelated.

There definitely is a crash related to Warframe that hasn't been fixed yet, but some claim to have found temporary solutions for their systems. The recent claim is that disabling Vsync and running an unrestricted framerate fixes it, but that hasn't made a difference in my case.Other than the typical check your drivers, verify game files, etc.; you'll have to look through other threads to find the random suggestions, but it's possible you'll be stuck waiting for a fix like the rest of us. Also, I think windows display scaling is an issue but not the only issue.

Yup same issue here. Came back a few days ago after a year beeing off. Im using the same exact system as I did back then and everytime I play for 30min-1 hour my GPU's fans turn off, go on again on a normal speed, screen goes black, no signal and audio goes to ambient noise, skype calls still work since I can still hear my friend but I need to hard reset my PC to get my signal back. (Driver Crash). Been worried all weeked my hardware was failing but glad to see i'm not the only one in this.

Playing other games like Monster hunter and Path of Exile work just fine for me without issue.

And wouldn't you know it, I'm also on a RX480 nitro. Huh. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Edited by Liyern