The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

It feels like something's inside...

Okay...

*holds her on arms and carries her to the medbay*

Gonna do an X-ray to know if there's something inside you...

If there's not, then we're going to have to go for a surgery...

*sighs*

*puts her on a bed and starts up the x-ray machine*

*rocking with the baby*

Oh oh don't cry Lillian, it's fine.

Although you weren't supposed to find out..

Why not?

*enters and stands before her*

Did I do something to sadden you?

You just went away crying after seeing something on me.

I just..

*sniffle*

I immediately regretted breaking things off with you after I saw you had kept that picture of me...

Oh, well.

*hugs*

It's fine.

If breaking up with me is what makes you happy, then so be it.

I can take it.

It's gonna hurt, but eh...

It doesn't make me happy, and alza said she's okay with us being together...

Sorry Lillian, I'm not saying anything until you finish talking with Ed.

You obviously have a lot on your mind. ^_^

Okay...

In the meantime, I gotta go take care of these somehow..

*turns around to get up off of the bed*

*sighs*

I told you I'd be just an useless wrench impending your gears from turning...

And as far as I know, it would be wrong to be with you after you've been married with Alza.

I don't want to hold your back.

You even got fluffy ears and all.

Okay...

In the meantime, I gotta go take care of these somehow..

*turns around to get up off of the bed*

*puts the baby down in the crib*

*grabs Liz*

Oh no you're coming with me!

*drags Liz into a different room*

*puts the baby down in the crib*

*grabs Liz*

Oh no you're coming with me!

*drags Liz into a different room*

Uh...

What're you doing?

*sighs*

I told you I'd be just an useless wrench impending your gears from turning...

And as far as I know, it would be wrong to be with you after you've been married with Alza.

I don't want to hold your back.

You even got fluffy ears and all.

You won't hold me back, ed...

Please, just stay with me...

This took me a hell of a long time to think of and write, so please read it. Make sure to read ALL OF IT.

Edgeict's backstory, everyone...

Xionus is not a place for orphans. There is nobody who cares about them. Nobody is willing to spend their time looking for children that do not look promising enough. They can either survive on their own or improve their ability, or just die quietly and save everyone the trouble. Edgeict knows it better than anyone. He remembers no warmth of home, loving parents, or any kindness shown to him. He's always been an outcast. Left on his own to die of hunger or cold. He didn't however crave for company. He was doing just fine on his own. He quickly learned how the world around him works. He learned how to steal gold from unwary people and disappear with food from the market. He was just a skinny, short boy in the middle of a crowd. It was barely possible to catch him even if someone tried to. If he was accidentally noticed, he can always disappear into the shadows. It's a vital skill on the streets of Xionus if you're planning to survive longer than a few months.

As the years passed, Edgeict learned every alley in the slums by heart. He knew where to look for secret passages, where he could hide from unwanted eyes. He was often getting beaten up or even wounded, if he was found by someone who had met him previously. But he had always found strength to stand back up and run away. Run to save his life and try once again a few hours later.

Edgeict had formed an alliance of sorts with another orphan from the slums and they were working together. When one was a distraction, the other would steal everything he could. They even set up a small base for themselves in the canals of the city. It would work perfectly, but Edgeict had been failed by his friend too many times. He couldn't trust him. That could cost him his life in this part of Xionus. When his companion had brought a pair of daggers into their hideout, thinking about selling them, Edgeict had a different idea. He overheard people talking many times, sometimes local people, but mostly visitors in the city, there's only one way to survive in Xionus, they said. To have a weapon and know how to use it. There's no time for friendship and no time for bonds. They're too easy to break and even easier to abuse.

Weapons. That was the key to survival. And now holding those two daggers, that had not been sharpened in ages, he felt... Power. All of his aggression, all of his hate that he had to be holding within himself was about to explode. He did not care about what his friend had to say. Too many times telling him he had put him in danger because of his failures. Too many times he had to do everything on his own. He had enough. The weight of the daggers was a pleasing one. He smiled. Rushing forward to sink a blade in his companion's throat, cutting it open. A warm blood had covered his face, and he did not mind. Killing another felt cleansing. Day after day he'd learn how to use the blades. His skills were growing and with them his reputation.

Rumors had been going amongst the assassins of Xionus that there was a boy somewhere in the slums who'd been using a knife with precision equal to their own, and perhaps even more determination than they'd ever put in any work that they have to do. This was an opportunity for them to gain an invaluable recruit. Edgeict was not interested with their offer. He'd been assaulted by many who had given him a simple choice: Join us or die.

Somehow, he was not one ending up with a pair of daggers sticking out of his chest. To make sure he'd be left alone, bodies of the assassins could be found in a moat visible to everyone. This resulted in more frequent attempts at his life, as revenge for those he had murdered. The town was not intimidated... He was waiting for them to. To his surprise however one of the assassins he faced had mastered him in combat and pushed him against the ground. With an executioner's sword above his neck, his attacker revealed herself as General Sandra XXXIV(34), who had heard about the young boy from the slums, had been interested in seeing him in action. He was offered to either die at the hand of a general, or live as an agent of the Xionus High Command. With no real choice, Edgeict chose to survive and serve Xionus under one condition. He would not be a servant of the whole High Command, but the one that bested him in combat.

Edgeict had served the family of Sandra XXXIV ever since, taking orders from the general. It took him into every corner of the law and sometimes risking his life, but he wasn't afraid. It was a great opportunity to hone his skills and learn more about his own limits. Under her command, Edgeict had become one of the most feared assassins of Xionus. When the general vanished, Edgeict had theoretically regained his freedom but throughout his service he gained immense respect from the general and she was almost like a mother that he never had. Edgeict was determined to find out who arranged the general's disappearance and tracking them down. His search led him to the gates of the Institute of Alters, where he joined the Alters in order to find those responsible for Sandra XXXIV's disappearance.

Snyphurr, you pretty much know what happens after that.

This took me a hell of a long time to think of and write, so please read it. Make sure to read ALL OF IT.Edgeict's backstory, everyone...

Xionus is not a place for orphans. There is nobody who cares about them. Nobody is willing to spend their time looking for children that do not look promising enough. They can either survive on their own or improve their ability, or just die quietly and save everyone the trouble. Edgeict knows it better than anyone. He remembers no warmth of home, loving parents, or any kindness shown to him. He's always been an outcast. Left on his own to die of hunger or cold. He didn't however crave for company. He was doing just fine on his own. He quickly learned how the world around him works. He learned how to steal gold from unwary people and disappear with food from the market. He was just a skinny, short boy in the middle of a crowd. It was barely possible to catch him even if someone tried to. If he was accidentally noticed, he can always disappear into the shadows. It's a vital skill on the streets of Xionus if you're planning to survive longer than a few months. As the years passed, Edgeict learned every alley in the slums by heart. He knew where to look for secret passages, where he could hide from unwanted eyes. He was often getting beaten up or even wounded, if he was found by someone who had met him previously. But he had always found strength to stand back up and run away. Run to save his life and try once again a few hours later. Edgeict had formed an alliance of sorts with another orphan from the slums and they were working together. When one was a distraction, the other would steal everything he could. They even set up a small base for themselves in the canals of the city. It would work perfectly, but Edgeict had been failed by his friend too many times. He couldn't trust him. That could cost him his life in this part of Xionus. When his companion had brought a pair of daggers into their hideout, thinking about selling them, Edgeict had a different idea. He overheard people talking many times, sometimes local people, but mostly visitors in the city, there's only one way to survive in Xionus, they said. To have a weapon and know how to use it. There's no time for friendship and no time for bonds. They're too easy to break and even easier to abuse. Weapons. That was the key to survival. And now holding those two daggers, that had not been sharpened in ages, he felt... Power. All of his aggression, all of his hate that he had to be holding within himself was about to explode. He did not care about what his friend had to say. Too many times telling him he had put him in danger because of his failures. Too many times he had to do everything on his own. He had enough. The weight of the daggers was a pleasing one. He smiled. Rushing forward to sink a blade in his companion's throat, cutting it open. A warm blood had covered his face, and he did not mind. Killing another felt cleansing. Day after day he'd learn how to use the blades. His skills were growing and with them his reputation. Rumors had been going amongst the assassins of Xionus that there was a boy somewhere in the slums who'd been using a knife with precision equal to their own, and perhaps even more determination than they'd ever put in any work that they have to do. This was an opportunity for them to gain an invaluable recruit. Edgeict was not interested with their offer. He'd been assaulted by many who had given him a simple choice: Join us or die.Somehow, he was not one ending up with a pair of daggers sticking out of his chest. To make sure he'd be left alone, bodies of the assassins could be found in a moat visible to everyone. This resulted in more frequent attempts at his life, as revenge for those he had murdered. The town was not intimidated... He was waiting for them to. To his surprise however one of the assassins he faced had mastered him in combat and pushed him against the ground. With an executioner's sword above his neck, his attacker revealed herself as General Sandra XXXIV(34), who had heard about the young boy from the slums, had been interested in seeing him in action. He was offered to either die at the hand of a general, or live as an agent of the Xionus High Command. With no real choice, Edgeict chose to survive and serve Xionus under one condition. He would not be a servant of the whole High Command, but the one that bested him in combat. Edgeict had served the family of Sandra XXXIV ever since, taking orders from the general. It took him into every corner of the law and sometimes risking his life, but he wasn't afraid. It was a great opportunity to hone his skills and learn more about his own limits. Under her command, Edgeict had become one of the most feared assassins of Xionus. When the general vanished, Edgeict had theoretically regained his freedom but throughout his service he gained immense respect from the general and she was almost like a mother that he never had. Edgeict was determined to find out who arranged the general's disappearance and tracking them down. His search led him to the gates of the Institute of Alters, where he joined the Alters in order to find those responsible for Sandra XXXIV's disappearance.

Snyphurr, you pretty much know what happens after that.

That's amazing.

Well done, verdict.