Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where My Grenades At, Bro?

DrAsmus

These encouters with Vay Hek are seeming a little one sided on the weaponry side of things... Where my plasma grenades at?

I found the shooter experience in warframe lacking without some clutch grenade throws or a little AoE crowd control, and since the Grineer were constantly slinging plasma grenades at me and bragging about it I was keenly aware of the fact there aint no grenades for the Tenno!

DE could add Plasma, High Explosive, Electric, Freeze and Incendiary grenades as either a separate slot or simply to the current gear list, but you still always need a grenade hotkey. Also, laser tripwires, proximity mines, or plastic explosives anyone?

Really guys? Give me one good reason for the Tenno NOT to have grenades. Other than you know, you don't feel like it.

Do ninja have grenade? No

Do we are just brute force and strengh? No

Do we have skill and ability to make thing more cool than grenade? Yes

This is not a Call od Duty game! ( By the way, i enjoy CoD ) But what the hell grenade have to be in every game? Use your sword, your mind and gun!

Maybe for the same reason TF2 doesn't have grenades?

If you gave every warframe the ability to CC, then CC-based frames would be useless.

Oh yeah, TF2 doesn't have grenade? I don't play and its good to know not all gun games have grenade.

TFC had grenades fyi. It was awesome, each class had their own unique grenades with special attributes, look up conc jumping on youtube if you want.

Maybe grenades could replace the melee slot for thrown ones, or have a bulky launcher as main weapon. Downside could be that low ammo cap and low ammo refills.

Although I wouldn't mind grenades I don't see the actual need for them...

If you have a hard boss to go through then make sure your team is on the same page as you are and coordinate...

I've tried a few times to get passed Vay Hek with either my Excalibur or my Volt but I kill everything but the boss himself... :(

I'll have a few friends online soon and try again... :)

Grenades would be good, our space ninjas are already shooting the hell out of Solar System and are not the stealthiest kind around, they use massive 2handed weapons with brute strength and devastate whole ships with their display of abilities.

So grenades qualify as a possible weapon, good one at that, maybe it could be some sort of a shrapnel-only grenades that would cut the sh** out of everything around :?

Grenades would be good, our space ninjas are already shooting the hell out of Solar System and are not the stealthiest kind around, they use massive 2handed weapons with brute strength and devastate whole ships with their display of abilities.

So grenades qualify as a possible weapon, good one at that, maybe it could be some sort of a shrapnel-only grenades that would cut the sh** out of everything around :?

Also, not all people are space ninja that use the 2handed weapons with brute strengh. Not the stealhiest kind around? what the hell are you playing? Grenade would be S#&$ just because this will make another useless thing to destroy when you have already a lots of ability to do so.

Shrapnel that cut the S#&$ out? Excalibur Radial Javelin.

EMP-grenade? Loki Radial Disarm

Fire grenade? Ember skill

High explosive? Use the Rhino stomp or Smash.

Freeze? Frost ability

Could always make a heavy style frame that has powers that represent grenades.

Powers that shoot rockets, fire grenades. Interesting possibilties.

This idea is more good than just more weapon. We need more action to do in that game, not just stuff to hit hard and destroy.

Sometimes I just wonder what frame people main when they keep pushing for grenades to be added...

This. this times a million. People suggesting grenades? Really? As if all the warframes don't have enough AoE, and how easy it is to find some Energy to refill...

Although I wouldn't mind a future weapon having an explosive attribute. As long as it doesn't send drops flying off the map.

Could always make a heavy style frame that has powers that represent grenades.

Powers that shoot rockets, fire grenades. Interesting possibilties.

A rough first-draft proposal based off this idea, for giggles. I don't expect DE to do anything with it but it's still a neat little concept.

Name: Athena (or some other archery-related figure/deity)

Base Health: 75

Base Shields: 75

Base Armour: Low

Role/Notes: Athena packs a range of abilities that allow her to control the battlefield, but is more fragile than some of the other 'frames. She fares best in large open areas that have lots of space for her and her missiles to maneuver in, and is quite reliant on.her teammates for close-range protection. Her upgrade tree focuses on boosting her survivability a bit, and cranking up her energy capacity.

Strong vs: Grineer, Corpus

Weak vs: Infestation

Aesthetics/Design: I imagine Athena having a quite technological design compared to most 'frames given the focus on integrated weaponry, though not so much it loses the thing that makes warframes quintessentially Tenno in nature. A mix of Grineer and Corpus on top of the techno-organic nature of the 'frames, essentially. Pipes, cylinders/canisters on the back for the 4th power, forearm/shoulder launchers, etc.

1st Power: Grenade - tosses a grenade at the crosshair location; grenade explodes after ~3 seconds. Doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but Grineer/Corpus non-robotics will try to run away, so you can use it to flush them out of cover. Possibly has a knockdown/stun effect as well.

Boosting increases damage and blast size.

2nd Power: Seeker - launches an enemy-seeking missile at the targeted enemy. Must have a target in order to fire, but it will try to avoid terrain if it can, rather than just fly into a box or barrel.

Boosting ups damage, blast radius, and seeker speed/maneuverability.

3rd Power: Concussion Rocket - launches a rocket at the crosshair location. Unlike Grenade and Seeker, the Concussion Rocket does not do much damage, but it has a large blast radius and stuns/knocks foes down. Has a fairly slow flight speed, so you have to be at least somewhat smart about using it. Could knock you down too if you catch yourself in the blast area, so you have to be doubly careful.

Boosting increases blast radius, flight speed, and knockdown/stun duration.

4th Power: Missile Storm - launches a volley of very fast, very agile minimissiles that hunt all nearby enemies. Missiles prefer to target seperate enemies if possible, but can all target the same enemy if there's only one.

Boosting increases the number of missiles, and buffs the damage/etc. of each missile.

Ed: went back and revised a couple of things 'cause I felt like it.

Edited by Arcalane

Really guys? Give me one good reason for the Tenno NOT to have grenades. Other than you know, you don't feel like it.

You get Abilities that can AOE on most warframes. Use them. If you think you need grenades on your warframe chances are you are playing it wrong :(

4th Power: Missile Storm - launches a volley of heatseeking minimissiles that hunt all nearby enemies. Missiles prefer to target seperate enemies if possible, but can all target the same enemy if there's only one.

Boosting increases the number of missiles, and buffs the power of each missile.

Macross Missile Massacre.

Edited by Dalewyn