Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay No, Please Dont Do That... I Didn't Want To Execute!

SpiderWaifu

Usually it's just a minor issue. You knock an enemy down, and there's another close by you want to kill with your melee so you hit that e-key to smack it... oh but now you're doing an rather long execution move on an enemy you didnt want to attack. While you're doing said execution the enemy you wanted to kill is hitting you. And every other nearby enemy is hitting you.

99% of the time, I DONT WANT TO EXECUTE! I just want to do a normal melee-strike, or charged attack, and I get forced in to this long animation. At higher level areas, you'll lose lots of health, or even die from this happening... bloody toxic ancients...

Something really ought to be done about this....

How about, when I want to eXecute, I press the X button, or just anything that isnt your normal melee button.

You know different weapons have different execution times. Personally, I favorite the pangolin sword as it's execution animation takes a very short amount of time in the event I attack a downed opponent but really, if you are having that much trouble taking your character and aim away from the downed enemy before you swing, step back a few feet. That might help.

You know different weapons have different execution times. Personally, I favorite the pangolin sword as it's execution animation takes a very short amount of time in the event I attack a downed opponent but really, if you are having that much trouble taking your character and aim away from the downed enemy before you swing, step back a few feet. That might help.

Since it's become a bigger issues for me, I have been making an effort to avoid attacking nearby any downed enemies.

It shouldn't be a problem at all, just giving Executes a command prompt, almost like a QTE, but it's only one button.

Usually it's just a minor issue. You knock an enemy down, and there's another close by you want to kill with your melee so you hit that e-key to smack it... oh but now you're doing an rather long execution move on an enemy you didnt want to attack. While you're doing said execution the enemy you wanted to kill is hitting you. And every other nearby enemy is hitting you.

99% of the time, I DONT WANT TO EXECUTE! I just want to do a normal melee-strike, or charged attack, and I get forced in to this long animation. At higher level areas, you'll lose lots of health, or even die from this happening... bloody toxic ancients...

Something really ought to be done about this....

How about, when I want to eXecute, I press the X button, or just anything that isnt your normal melee button.

Furax, Kogake and Fangs says hi... Really fangs execute is pretty much instant.

Do you guys never knocked down an enemy, and MISSED, the execution?

That happens to me a lot.

I hate this.

At least make us invulnerable for the duration of our slow finisher move.

I think it's cool that we have finisher moves, but they're 99% of the time not worth doing (the 1% of the time is trying to get a cool screenshot).

I hate this.

At least make us invulnerable for the duration of our slow finisher move.

I think it's cool that we have finisher moves, but they're 99% of the time not worth doing (the 1% of the time is trying to get a cool screenshot).

I think 2k stab damage is worth it to be spending half a second locked in animation... Killing Blow + Finishing Touch works wonders. 

Do you guys never knocked down an enemy, and MISSED, the execution?

That happens to me a lot.

Try using the Gram. It never hits when you don't want to do an execution move. Rarely hits when you do. It often does an execution move on the ground in front of you immediately after performing a ground slam, so you hit nothing and everything is just about back up by the time the animation has ended.

to reduce your time executing add fury to your weapon. Also what weapon are you using? heavy/ dual/ longsword etc.

I use dual ethers and the majority of the time it never executes, i just spend time slashing above the enemy.  when it does however, with my 50% speed buff, it does it lightning quick and i go on hacking

This has nearly gotten me killed with the Orthos: long execution animation, tiny area that will actually be affected (which is funny, considering the huge range on it otherwise), so it doesn't even have the decency to actually kill anything most of the time. It's less of an issue with lighter weapons though.