Mataeru

Origin Realignment: War for Peace - Discord Based RP - (System Update 4/19/20) - Combat System Update

!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!

IF YOU HAVE NO COMPLETED THE QUESTS:

===========================

Natah

Second Dream

War Within

Chains of Harrow

The Sacrifice

Chimera Prologue

Vox Solaris

===========================

!DO NOT CONTINUE UNLESS YOU WANT MASSIVE SPOILERS TO THE GAME!

Consider yourselves warned.

Preface:

Thank you to everyone who has stuck through with me in the creation, failures, refinement, and ultimate completion of what I would consider to be my most ambitious and prized project. Your help, input and support helped this get here!

Introduction & Roleplay Rules

Welcome to “Origin Realignment”. This is a tabletop RPG/written roleplay hybrid based on Discord that imports the functionality of Warframe to a text based format and modifies it to allow more creative freedom than the game itself allows. This RP system was specifically designed to allow people who don’t have easy/regular access or time to devote to actually playing the game, but have maybe 10-20 minutes of time to make a couple of RP posts.

We aren’t looking for people who just want to join any old RP to have laughs and jokes. We’re collectively writing a story, and looking for individuals with a deep respect for the Warframe universe. Joining and roleplaying with this group requires willingness to follow rules and create high quality creative content, as well as enough time to interact with the community and RP world to help our story grow.

Like any other serious RP, this one too has rules. In order to save space, I’d like to ask you all to follow the link below to our clan drive folder to view them. I recommend you review them before submitting a character application.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzkD7CN5CB24VDRybTBvQ3hnWTA?usp=sharing

It is also of critical importance that you go over our lore folder and familiarize yourself with our interpretations of the game's lore.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzkD7CN5CB24aWJTM3RYa0JtUkE?usp=sharing

That being said, if you still desire to take the plunge and join the universe of “Catalytic Revival”, we welcome your curiosity and urge you to read on!

The Story So Far…

Spoiler

Torn asunder by war, plague, and vengeance, the Origin System has barely clung to life under the oppressive thumbs of the Corpus and Grineer. During her reign, the Lotus did little to restore the Origin System to its formerly vibrant state and now, with her sudden disappearance and shift in allegiance, the Origin system falls even further into chaos. The Grineer and Corpus have been left seemingly unchecked, and while the now leaderless Tenno’s lack of coordination and leadership has done little to halt their advances. Furthermore, without the Lotus guiding and directing them, the Tenno have suffered numerous Warframe casualties, weakening their power and bolstering the morale of the enemy.

In the wake of the progressive chaos slowly corroding the Origin System, several Tenno clans chose to take matters into their own hands. Striking at the Grineer and Corpus in various locations across the Origin System, they managed to push back the enemy briefly. However, the retaliatory strikes were brutal, and several of the clans that struck out were completely eradicated. The surviving clans, most of which have been fragmented, are struggling to rebuild their former strength in order to once more push back the Grineer and Corpus. If they succeed, maybe, just maybe, the Origin System will be able to face the coming Sentient threat and not be brought to its knees once more…

Tenno Factions & Subfactions

Spoiler

This aspect of our RP is one of the most ambitious and significant systems we support. People who join the RP have the opportunity to design a SMALL faction or clan (keeping in line with the broken groups struggling to recover) that will play a significant role in the rebalancing of the Origin System and the story. Now, before you get excited, please understand, this is a significant undertaking. You have to actively manage all the fine details of your faction and make sure everything is accurate and up to date. Besides that, you are also responsible for keeping your group relevant to the RP, and driving your faction’s story. This is not something that should be taken lightly.

The RP currently supports a maximum of 4 player made factions and 4 subfactions between the Grineer or Corpus. Each of which can have a maximum of 4 player members 3 initial secondary NPC commanders. All other faction personnel are Origin System denizens who work for or with the group. Faction applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis. So assuming yours meets our specifications, you’re accepted on the spot. The full information on faction creation is located in the following folder in our clan drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18wVteyLPLJnwnG6nP-IG_oRXSVKWoRil?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18Y3rN-YOtCGk83YxfslopXpHekBmlSoo?usp=sharing

Current Tenno Factions

Nameless Redemption

Spoiler

“The Lotus is gone. It’s a harsh reality and we need to accept it. We’re all wandering around unorganized and leaderless, which is exactly what our enemy needs to destroy us. However, if we combine our strengths, we can still defeat the Grineer and Corpus and bring the Origin System out of this bleak and destructive war. The people of the Origin System need us now more than they ever have. Join me, Tenno or otherwise, and help us end the war once and for all. You can find one of my commanders on Strata Relay. Ask for Getara. Talk to her and she’ll get you started.”

Akopkeya

Spoiler

“Galaxy’s a rough place, nowadays. Corpus, Grineer, anyone in between that has the firepower, they all do whatever they want, to the Void with anyone else. And all they leave in their wake is a lot of hurt people that get forgotten about. My little corner of paradise, here, well, we pick up some of those forgotten people and do what we can do to help. Quietly, and completely neutral, since our kind of medical expertise is a tempting target for capture or elimination, either one. You ‘forget’ we’re not neutral, you’re blacklisted. You help us out every once in a while? Akopkeya might not be much, but we have damn fine medical care. Take it or leave us, Tenno.”

Purgatory

Spoiler

"Look out there Tenno. What do you see? A solar system in ruins, people in peril and an endless war. And we’re going to save it. Sure, we’re not the biggest faction out there. We don’t have the big guns of the Grineer or the bottomless funds of the Corpus, but what we do have, is a vision. And of course, top secret Orokin technology inherited from my mother, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Through our humanitarian efforts, we make sure that everyone across the system gets a better quality of life. Where there is a disaster, there is Purgatory, here to help. It isn’t always easy, but we’ll get it done.

And stop calling us a cult. We’re way past that."

RP Combat & Player Skills

Spoiler

As previously mentioned, this RP is a hybrid cross between tabletop play and roleplay. Because of this, the RP needed a way to enact combat and missions in a structured way for serious missions. We have two different types of combat. One is the boss fight method, which is used exclusively for fighting high priority targets like Grineer and Corpus commanders. The other is used mainly for “dungeon diving” or mission running, where a mission’s encounters and events are determined entirely by dice rolls. Furthermore, there is also a concise yet diverse skill sheet for player characters that affects how they interact with the world around them, allowing for potentially miraculous victories, or catastrophic failures. While this may seem initially daunting, once you familiarize yourself with it, both systems are relatively easy to use.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzkD7CN5CB24b2JFQ1pqZjZyQXc?usp=sharing

Colonies and the Market System

Spoiler

As with the player made factions, this RP also supports the creation of small player made colonies to keep the Origin system alive and interesting. These colonies can directly impact certain players or player made factions over the course of the RP. Each member of the group is able to create a maximum of two colonies. Events surrounding these locations are governed by a special branch of our administration to keep them interesting.

The market system adds a general place for players to buy and sell resources using credits and ducats. This is mainly used for players who desire to take a deep dive and make the absolute most out of the RP possible. This is managed by another branch of our staff and experiences inflation and deflation based on user activity. Players also have the ability to “farm” for prime resources and ayatan relics. Worry not though. There is a system in place that will allow players to potentially collect multiple items from the same prime set.

Character Creation

Spoiler

It’s our intent to give players the option to create diverse and interesting characters. It goes without saying that you need to have a firm grasp in the Warframe lore in order to submit an application. Players have the option to play as either Tenno or non Tenno characters from the Corpus, Grineer, Ostron, or Solaris group. In addition, we’re giving players the option to create up to three characters, one primary and one secondary. The primary character can be either a Tenno or a non Tenno and the secondary can also be a Tenno or non-Tenno. Players who choose to be a non Tenno primary cannot have a Tenno character as a secondary. We're also allowing tertiary characters that are non-Tenno.
If you want a Tenno secondary, you must write up a bio for that character as if they were a primary character and submit it along with your main character or in a separate post from your initial application post should you choose to create them at a later date. If you use up this secondary slot for a non-Tenno and have a tertiary character, you cannot create a secondary Tenno character, so think this all out before you go about making characters. Your characters should all fit in with the overall narrative, although making your secondary and/or tertiary characters rivals to your character is acceptable.

We use the DnD character alignment chart for character creation. The following alignments are what we support:

Lawful Good - Self sacrificing, helps good people no matter how trivial the issue.

Lawful Neutral - Helps  good or bad people, as long as balance is maintained

Tempered Good - Helps good people, but only for important issues

True Neutral - Generally lazy and only helps people if it helps themselves

Chaotic Good - Would nuke a town with innocents to kill a hostile army

Chaotic Neutral - Acts purely on impulse with no care for consequence

Chaotic characters CANNOT be a default starting alignment. If a player wishes to have a chaotic aligned character, their RP style and methods must first be observed by administration before they are approved to begin character development on that path. You need to know how to properly manage a borderline villain character, RP with maturity and respect, and treat everyone else with maturity and respect before we will let you play as a chaotic aligned character.

This link is to the template for character creation. You can copy the text to wherever you want to work on your character bio.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TjX4AwjitqBkfVXBAfxOa5o0dOyKEKazDX4jxv8dz1g/edit?usp=sharing

Please note, if your submission post has too many grammatical or spelling errors, or looks like it was poorly thought out and executed, your submission will be ignored until its completed properly. Your bio should contain at least 3 full paragraphs of information. You can choose to discuss whatever you want within the bio, but my recommendation is to cover.
1. How your character became a Tenno
2. What happened to them/what they did during the Old War
3. What they have been doing since they awoke.

You have two options to submit an RP application. You can either submit your bio to the forum post directly, OR, you can create a google doc of your own and share the link to it with us. Please make sure you allow people to comment on the document so that our administration can make notes of improvements or adjustments that your bio needs.
This video is a walkthrough (If you need it) on how to create a link allowing us to view and comment on your submission:
https://youtu.be/oMGeKMzUsu0?t=27

If you have ANY questions, send a message on Discord to TacticianMatt#1582. Make sure your message settings allow people not on your friends list to message you. If you don’t, you’ll need to send me a friend request. Alternatively, you can message me here on the forums, but I don’t recommend using that method as I only check the forums once every couple days. I’m on Discord 24/7, so if you want a semi immediate response, that’s the best place to contact me. If your application is accepted, you will be notified in a response forum post, and DM’d an invite link.

Thank you for reading this entire forum post! I look forward to hearing from you and seeing the unique content you have to offer our story!

Current member count: 12

Edited by Mataeru
updated title

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15QlXqujMu_R_EdAPLilXr6JGHQUozBWF2uRBrGpeAzU/edit?usp=sharing

Adrian Kovach - Hope it works.

Good way to contact me by Discord: ActuallyObiWan#7095

@(NSW)QUORATINE7

Your bio has been reviewed and accepted provided you make the requested adjustments left in the comments of the doc. Send me a DM when you're finished and I'll give you an invite link to the Discord server after I review it again!

@Fizzleclaw

Your bio has been reviewed and accepted. I'm excited to see your character develop!

Yellow!

Hope you and all are well!
Been looking forward to coming back on to RP and to Warframe if you would have me still.

Here is the Character Sheet (I think I done this right >< )  
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R5wVh87bPjVPhbjLkp36NQi0PKI4Gi6FjfOTYxHqrjQ/edit?usp=sharing

I hope you like him and if they is something a miss, I gladly fix it :  )

Looking forward to hear from you.

Conscirpt

This is actually pretty awesome looking.  Considering joining in.
Is it possible for anyone to join the DIscord and talk to you first?

Edited by SpectralCobalt

1 hour ago, SpectralCobalt said:

This is actually pretty awesome looking.  Considering joining in.
Is it possible for anyone to join the DIscord and talk to you first?

Join the discord to talk to all of us as a whole? Or just to talk to me?

@IConscriptI

Welcome back old fried! Your bio has been reviewed and accepted!

18 hours ago, Mataeru said:

Join the discord to talk to all of us as a whole? Or just to talk to me?

@IConscriptI

Welcome back old fried! Your bio has been reviewed and accepted!

Either, or.  I'm just interested in seeing what kind of people you are before I jump into something!  :D

3 hours ago, SpectralCobalt said:

Either, or.  I'm just interested in seeing what kind of people you are before I jump into something!  😄

Check your inbox!

This looks really interesting! Would it be possible to join the Discord and look at what's already been done, or would it be preferred if I made a character and was prepared to start roleplaying?

Here is my primary character sheet. I'm also going to make a secondary character, who is the grineer featured in this sheet's bio. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fwjTWtVtnr0Ulkz_BJAZM3slUcybyVK6ZpZH7nmXRmc/edit?usp=sharing

My secondary character's sheet. Both sheets contain captura scenes of the characters. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1omAEuMbV3JoZ6XeI8rgaCPRnhVq85uTU7kz849YGQmc/edit# 

Edited by NaetoVas
I annoyed myself so I fixed it

I noticed I was able to edit several docs like the rules and some lore. I didn't change anything, but you guys should prrroooobably fix that 🙂

14 hours ago, NaetoVas said:

I noticed I was able to edit several docs like the rules and some lore. I didn't change anything, but you guys should prrroooobably fix that 🙂

thank you for point this out! I'll make the necessary adjustments

The notification system lumped both messages you sent into one notification so I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll take a look!

21 hours ago, NaetoVas said:

This looks really interesting! Would it be possible to join the Discord and look at what's already been done, or would it be preferred if I made a character and was prepared to start roleplaying?

Edit: I've started making a few characters

Edit Edit: How long after Natah's disappearance does the story take place?

Edit Edit Edit: Here is my primary character sheet. I'm also going to make a secondary character, who is the grineer featured in this sheet's bio. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fwjTWtVtnr0Ulkz_BJAZM3slUcybyVK6ZpZH7nmXRmc/edit?usp=sharing

Edit Edit Edit Edit: My secondary character's sheet. Both sheets contain captura scenes of the characters. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1omAEuMbV3JoZ6XeI8rgaCPRnhVq85uTU7kz849YGQmc/edit# 

Your bio has been review and accepted with the suggested changes having been made!

Progression Update

WORLD UPDATES:
     The Lith region on Earth has been taken from the Grineer forces and turned over to joint custody between Steel Meridian and Nameless Redemption.
     Little else has happened across he galaxy as the war wages on and the Tenno continue their efforts to stave off chaos.

Nameless Redemption:
     NR forces have successfully taken Earth's Lith region command center from the Grineer forces, marking their first major victory over the Grineer in the Origin System. Lith's landing platforms will make sending and receiving supplies as well as staging air assaults much easier for future battles. With their eyes set on Cambria's data vaults next, NR enters a new planning stage while its forces recover from the battle.

Akopkeya:
     The leadership of this mobile medical group has contracted with NR to treat their wounded from the battle in Lith. However, NR's forces are not the only people Akopkeya has agreed to treat...

Purgatory:
     After hosting an open day for friendly Tenno forces to get to know this former cult turned humanitarian faction they met with representatives from Akopkeya, NR, and various neutrally aligned independent Tenno. Their goals align in part with NR's and a trade deal may be struck between the two factions in the near future.

Origin Rumors:
     A new Corpus subfaction may be in the works. Its intent is unclear, but it may be led by a Tenno whose goals are also unknown...

Technical Updates:
     The combat system has been tested in two forms and is working quite well so far. The next test will be with our dungeoneering system and resource gain.
     RP alert system hasn't been used yet, but will also be seeing some action in the near future.

So to ask here to avoid awkward confusion, can we click the discord link to browse around before investing or sending people tells?

Oops, wrong thread >.>

Edited by Conquest375

System/Operational Update

Secondary Tenno Characters:
          After much deliberation on the topic of allowing each person the option of having a secondary Tenno character, we're now allowing old and new members to create a secondary Tenno character. Please reference the Character Creation section in the original post for the full details. Please be aware that the review team for our server will judge secondary characters with the same criteria as a primary character. if you want to ensure your secondary character is accepted, put the same effort into them as you put into your primary and keep the overall narrative of the RP in mind when doing so.

RP Combat & Dungeon System:
          Having just wrapped up the first serious RP that uses the Boss Fight system, I can say that it works very well and still allows creative actions and interactions. As for the dungeon system, other users have started to use it, and while initially slightly confusing, they have learned how it works and can complete their dungeons quite efficiently. One player has even gone so far as to merge normal RP with the dungeon system, and while we're all still trying to get the hang of how it will work, it's proving to be quite a refreshing approach to RP.

Character Skills:
          We've also added new skills and perks to the character skill sheets and removed the restrictions on what skills can be mastered.
          We now have skills dedicated around training and commanding Kubrows and Kavats. Players can now invest skill points into "beast mastery" to increase the effectiveness of their pets on the battlefield! In addition, there are now "Flight" skills for Grineer and Corpus vehicles for those people may enjoy hot-wiring and stealing vehicles from those respective factions.
          On the weapon skills side of things, we added new functionality for a couple of different weapon types, that basically buff them and make them a little more powerful and add a lot of new functionality to the classes.

Pet Skills:
          In addition to the Tenno, organic pets now have their own unique set of skills that allow players to customize and enhance the way their pet behaves in combat. This one is really cool. Imagine a Huras Kubrow that's been trained to rescue downed characters and cloak them during rescue. Thats just one of MANY combos you can make.

That's it for our technical updates! We've made a lot of progress since the launch earlier this year, and I intend to keep making adjustments and improvements to how everything works, and add new and unique functionalities to the RP where applicable that enhance the experience, not bog it down. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to seeing any future applications!

Edited by Mataeru

FORUM UPDATE: 10/16/2019

It’s a cold morning, Dreamers, but trust. That big ball o’ flame is peeking over the horizon, and the system’s looking to get warm again. Wild happenin’s are going down, and Nora has quite the story to tell.

First thing Nora hears, that lovely rail over Earth has been locked down tight. Don’t know who did it, nobody will say. But you can be sure my credits are on those loons down at Nameless Redemption. Got the Grineer in quite the spin, what with the liberation of Earth and all that. And Nora hears some sneaky whispers about a mysterious association taking in the casualties of that particular raid...

And say, you know who else is in a spin? One particularly nasty piece of work, Vay Hek, on account of his flagship going down in flaming bits over Eidelon plains. And now Nora’s hearing whispers of a true strike against the ugly soul. He’s pulled a good few forces close in, which of course just tells Nora that he’s scared as a kuaka. And baby, she’s got her fingers crossed tight that this time he’ll be gone for good. 

Summary:

Spoiler

1. The Grineer forces on Earth are in a state of panic as a result of the solar junction being shut down and locked by an unknown entity.

2. Vay Hek is in a tizzy over his genetic details, which were stored on his flagship, being destroyed. He has pulled in several detachments of Grineer forces for increased protection.

3.  Note that Vay Hek has lost all of his saved genetic data in a series of raids against his ship and the Kuva fortress, and that if he dies now, he's dead for good.

4. NR is getting ready to kill Vay Hek and escalate their takeover of Earth.

5. Akopkeya has taken in some of NR's wounded from the battle of Lith

6. Purgatory's status is unchanged

7. The whispers of the corpus subfaction continue to grow...

Edited by Nora__Night

Faction System Redesign:

With the start of our RP to take down vay Hek once and for all, I realized that there were somethings I wanted to do in the RP with my faction that were not possible with the old faction system. As a result, I ended up COMPLETELY redesigning the faction system from the ground up and rebalanced the faction EXP and way they operate.

What's new:

Specializations: We have 11 completely unique specializations that players can use to customize their faction! Want to be a warmonger that utterly destroys Corpus & Grineer facilities? Choose the Combat Specialization. Wanna be a Pirate faction? Plundering Corpus supply lines? Choose a combination of Smuggling, Fleet, and Combat Specializations and grow your power in space. Player factions can even choose to go the non-combatant route and even build colonies and terraform planets with a couple of our specializations. And those just some of the ones we came up with! I'm open to ideas about adding brand new specializations to further increase customizability.

Specialization Points: As your faction levels up, it gains points you can spend towards training your factions skill in many areas. Your faction can be a jack of all trades, or it can really knuckle down and excel in a couple areas, the choice is up to you.

Personnel Points: This is an easy way for you (and I) to keep track of how many people are in your faction. This increases as your faction levels up, can even increase when you help out neutral colonies in the Origin System. You can even get bonus population points when you level up for having good Origin System standing (similiar to the Syndicate Standing system in game)!

Faction Buildings & Fleets: This was a brand new addition to the faction system that I think will really add some more spark to how it all works. Factions can now choose to build Outposts and colonies on ANY planet in the Origin System where they have influence. This requires a fair amount of resources and credits for each, but the bonuses you can reap from building said structures are well worth the cost. The more advanced structures aren't quite finished yet as I've been juggling a lot of administrative work and have had to prioritize some thing what with Vay Hek's soon coming demise but when this is done, expect customization options on par with the faction specialization system.

Archwing Combat Introduction

Some of I wanted to do with this Vay Hek take-down RP is introduce the use of Archwings in our combat system. This isn’t gonna be anywhere near as dizzying as it is in game, so don’t worry. This is currently a WIP, but should be done within the next few days along with the Grendel and Gauss warframe profiles for the combat system.

Loot Tables and Resources

Having finally run and completed my own little dungeon run, I can confidently say that it works VERY well! Once you get past the initial hurdles of setting things up and understand the dice roll orders, it’s a very easy system that’s very intuitive and allows for some pretty serious personalized customization. It’s not terribly grindy feeling and is overall pretty satisfying.

Nightwave

Our RP recently introduced a Nightwave segment! We have an anonymous group overseeing broadcast creation, story planning and release times! Our writer(s), as you can see from the Nora__Night post above, are quite  talented and have really captured the essence of Nora Night in their weekly stories. In addition, we’ve also added a junior Nightwave reporter named Kemi Prell (also an anonymous user), who plans to do bi-weekly minor updates to the happenings in the Origin System! Think along the lines of general news like current invasion status, Lunaro, Index, Rathuum team scores, maybe even the occasional interview. Not even I know exactly what they're planning!
For those of you who might be interested in what our Nora Night posts are like, here’s an excerpt from one of Nora’s posts on our Discord server:

“Heads up, Dreamers. Something fresh is zipping down the line. Those corpus fat-cats above the lovely Jovian clouds found something tasty. A void portal, entombed for Seven knows how long under the Europan ice. Open and waiting, not even trying to hide. Maybe it was broken, maybe it was sabotaged, one can only guess. All Nora knows is that this particular gateway opened into a setting I’m sure you dreamers find familiar: a cryo-vault, with a pristine, untouched frame just waiting to wake up. I’m sure you can guess what happened next. Some lab-coated crazies tore into the poor thing, splicing and brainwashing their way to their very own murder-crazed Dreamer. Be on the lookout for this “Five,” Dreamers. From what Nora hears, she won’t hesitate to tear you a new one.”

Conclusion

We’re making some big strides both our story progression and the systematic functions of the RP this month. For those of you that read this update, I thank you for taking the time and look forward to seeing any forthcoming applications!

Edited by Mataeru
Finished the post.

What's Coming:

Having just finished my current college semester, I now have several weeks of free time to devote to furthering our RP's functionality. This is just a brief update of what is in the works, and possible ways it will function. Nothing mentioned in this post is set in stone but it is a good representation of what I intend to do with the newest additions to Warframe:

Kuva Liches:

Having had plenty of time to analyze how the Kuva Lich system works in game, I've got a pretty good idea of how this is gonna work. Using a series of dice rolls, a single Kuva Lich will be created to antagonize the Origin System. All active RP members will then have special opportunities to track down and learn the nature of the Requiem incantations required to kill the Lich. Just to be clear, players will not have their own individual Lich. There will be a singular entity that players must work together to kill or convert.

Railjack:

This may take a little longer for me to fully develop, but Railjacks will, like in game have to be built. This is going to be a HUGE addition to the RP, requiring a whole new combat system for critical missions. I don't have much concretely planned for this, but it will open up a significant dynamic in the RP.

I'll have another update about a month from now, and hopefully Nora will have some juicy story progression stuff hopefully around that time, maybe a little sooner. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to seeing your application if you're interested in what we have going on here!

Edited by Mataeru
grammar mistake fix

On 2019-12-24 at 10:30 AM, Ariandell said:

Your bio and colony has been reviewed and approved by our Review team! Welcome to the RP, Tenno!