The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Controller issue

VISOR888

Hello,

I've been having an issue using my Xbox controller on my windows PC. The sticks work but the other buttons wont work. Everything is connected correctly and I even calibrated the controller.

Please help, Thank you.

I'm having a similar issue. except I'm not getting anything to work. I'm running Ultimate 7 on a PC with plenty of RAM and processing power, GeForce card that can handle it all. I was playing using this same USB wired Siatek dual shock 990 controller on an older PC and a Linux machine, then I bought a new computer, and just yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Warframe standalone (I also grabbed Warframe through my Steam account, and saved it in a new library on another hard drive, just in case, to try an alternative).The software is up to date.

I've rebooted the computer, updated drivers, changed settings, restarted Steam, restarted the standalone version, dismounted and remounted the controller, and anything else of which I can think to get it working. I had no problem with using this controller on my last two computers (one via Steam on the PC, one standalone on the Linux machine) and I have been using this controller to play other games, mostly Skyrim, on my new computer. I tested the controller using the Windows analog/digital test in the device properties, and it seems to be working fine, so the computer recognizes it okay. It's just Warframe and/or Steam.

Will this even work now, or is the device/driver simply too old? The driver is from 2007 and that's the latest version that I have found. The device is from 2012, but I guess XBox 360 controllers are that old, so I can't imagine that's the issue, but maybe I just need to buy a new controller?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Thank you!

Here's an update for my situation: I went to Steam, recalibrated my controller (it was working before, but I decided to try recalibrating), and now the right joy stick is being recognized, but nothing else is.Some level of forward motion, I suppose! 😉 I'll try further experiments with Steam's configuration and the controller. Will post more if successful...

(30mins later) Okay. I seem to have gotten it working, but it is taking a lot of extra clicking through strange button sequences that I suspect are not necessary, like I have to get into the menu with the mouse, click on the ESC button on screen (not use the actual keyboard button), click the menu button on the controller to get the menu to respond at all, then I'm in the menu using the controller, and it's way super mega triple crazy sensitive. I've turned down the sensitivity to zero, but it's still unplayable. Still, something is working now. Again, forward motion. Trying to adjust the sensitivity using the Steam controller settings and go from there... I hope this is helping someone. Sorry for the boring post!

(2.5 hours later) There seems to be some cross-mapping (or so I shall call it) where Warframe (or maybe Steam, but I think it's Warframe) is seeing the controls for the controller to be a combination of the buttons on the controller and the mouse and some keystrokes. For example, the move and fire controls are mapped to the mouse and left mouse button respectively, yet the majority of the rest of the controls are mapped to the game pad. There are other issue, too, such as the D-pad and the left joy stick are partially swapped, where the joystick is controlling half of the slot menu, but only the vertical slots, and there's no movement, but the D-pad is controlling the left and right slots, and forward and backward movement, with no strafing. I have no idea what remapped this so randomly, but I suspect if I can remap the controller back to it's default settings, then remove the mouse from the mapping entirely, that will also reset the sensitivity and make for smooth gameplay. Finger (and infected tendrils) crossed. What a time-consuming nightmare!

(3 hours later) I found that the Steam configuration/mapping has two locations and basic and advanced settings, so you have to configure the controller in four places one several layers of controller mapping to get the settings sorted out. Or at least, I think they are sorted. I'm about to test this theory, but on the main Steam page, under "Links" on the right hand side of the screen, there's a link to "Controller Configuration" This is different from the game controller settings in "Settings>In-Game>Game Controller Settings. In the configuration settings, you can click on the button you desire to change, and make sure that you have it mapped to your liking, then in advanced settings on that screen, you can lower the sensitivity. Sometimes that will say mouse sensitivity. Sometimes just sensitivity. Either way, for me, I lowered the living snot out of it. I'll test it and see if I can finally get my tenno back in the game. Will post another report, and again, I hope this is helping someone. Sorry for the long updates...

(24 hours later) I'mm still having great difficulty getting the D-pad and the left joystick to swap places using the Steam controller configuration mapping. I've tried doing in manually, importing others' (more properly adjusted) mappings, and using other game pads to see if Steam can figure it out without my meddling about, but no luck so far. The sensitivity is now fine, the game registers my controller, but it's still haywire. I have resorted to ordering a new Microsoft XBox controller to see if that maps the controls correctly. 

All I wanted to do was bullet jump, run along walls, and throw kuai... Is that too much to ask?

More if it gets resolved.

(2 days later) Okay... I caved and bought a new XBox controller. It wasn't much of a cave, though. It was affordable and Steam/Warframe recognized it all immediately. I am having some FPS/Lag/Mouse Jerkiness issues still, but the controller is working just fine. If I have been able to remap my generic Saitek gamepad, that would have put me in the same place. I'm just not adept enough, apparently, to sort that out with some assistance (perhaps). Not much of a fix for folks with the same issue, though. The mouse/right joystick sensitivity issue was solved, though, which hopefully will help someone. Gonna try to wipe out some Grineer with my jerky graphics, mostly because I'm tired of not playing. See you out there tennos!

Edited by Kingseesar
Additional Information