Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High-Speed Defense Mission?

MasterVega

So my friend and I just played our first mobile defense mission. Firstly, I wanted to say that I really, really like the new templates employed there, and the game type is pretty fun as well.

I was pleasantly surprised when the cryo pod rolled out on a rail car after we unlocked it; for a moment, I wondered if it was going to slide to a stop, or take off at break-neck speed as soon as we hopped on. Obviously, the former was the case, but wouldn't the latter concept be fun? You and your fellow Tenno, on a fast-moving platform (perhaps one of several), fighting off enemy forces as they try to derail the car or otherwise make your joy-ride end in tragity. Heck, it could be a sweet boss arena for a Grineer VTOL or something to that effect.

The rail car would probably have to be bigger than the one currently used in the level, to allow for some maneuvering in combat, but otherwise, I think this could be a blast.

What are your thoughts?

Scyfle - That definitely sounds like a good idea. If they get enough track templates, they could have random looping tracks so the players will have to be on their toes. It'd be neat if some of the template rooms had hazards as well, like cranes hanging boxes out in the car's path or traps set by the enemy to knock you off the platform.

Any other thoughts?

Well, using some of the stuff that Vega suggested, perhaps we'll have to defend more than just the cryopod.

Perhaps the enemies are attacking the train's engine or they're trying to break the connectors between coaches.

Of course that would be more difficult in solo play if the enemies are are attacking multiple targets at the same time, hmm...