Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Shift-Sprint To Carry Through Pauses In Movement.

Saenol

I'm almost positive that I used to be able to hold shift down, and resume running from a stand still by pressing forward (W) without having to lift my finger off of sprint (Shift).

Sprinting no longer works this way and it's really, really, really, annoying. From my perspective, it's by far the largest problem Warframe has at the moment. I cannot even being to count how many jumps I've missed, the parkour I have failed, or the untold piles of treasure this inexplicable change in the sprint function has cost me.

Toggle sprint is annoying. I do not want to be penalized for not using toggle sprint by not being able to leave my pinky on shift and being forced to time W and Shift precisely to make running jumps in constricted areas.

Warframe without clean, precise, non-finicky controls is more useless than fake %$# on a zombie.

Please correct this.

I know, and I thought I addressed this fairly clearly.

Non-toggle, hold down shift, sprint, does not carry through pauses in movement.

If I hold shift, then let go of W, then press W again, I am not sprinting, even if my finger never left shift.

It also messes up my Xbox control settings that i have set to push shift down when the stick is pushed forward. If im sprinting forward and i start shooting i stop sprinting. But, when i stop shooting i dont resume sprinting. I have to repush the stick forward to start sprinting again.

I have a similar beef with toggle sprint when playing with mouse and keyboard.  I have to re toggle sprint back on... why? 

Toggle sprint is annoying. I do not want to be penalized for not using toggle sprint by not being able to leave my pinky on shift and being forced to time W and Shift precisely to make running jumps in constricted areas.

I use both. Shift is sprint and C is toggle sprint. Because holding shift down all day was giving me pain in my finger and sometimes toggle sprint is a pain in the &#!.

Edited by MofineBovine

Because holding shift down all day was giving me pain in my finger and sometimes toggle sprint is a pain in the &#!.

I feel you man

The standard keyboard layout, while it may be the #1 choice for most gamers, is far from ergonomic given what we have to work with

I myself hope to invest in something like the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126050'>Logitech G13

It's costly but I believe it's the more optimal way to go

As for the games feel and control, I too would like more fluidity in movement