The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Orokin Stage - Large Graphical Crash

BenRoprim

Alright, lets face it. The Orokin derelict key missions where you fight the infested are to buggy to play.

2 out of 3 times I play those orokin keys, the game crashes, stops Warframe, and send me to a page saying that my computer is at fault for crashing due to graphic issues.

I call bullS#&$ on that one.

I noticed that particular rooms within the orokin keys make FPS go down super significantly. These rooms contain the large gushing geysers of water, a LOT of those branches spawn (aka orokin locker rooms), and rooms where its large and contains both the water geysers, and tons of branches + floating pixals.

Before this was never an issue, and I was able to play through them without any harm. Now it seems to spike everything affecting my FPS and shut me down. My pc is powerful, and I have never had any issues with games when it comes to graphical performance.

Ether something has happened that went wrong with an update, or something is wrong internally with the stage itself.

Something needs to be done about this. At least, investigated and fixed at a sooner-or-later date.

Edited by BenRoprim

Alright, lets face it. The Orokin derelict key missions where you fight the infested are to buggy to play.

2 out of 3 times I play those orokin keys, the game crashes, stops Warframe, and send me to a page saying that my computer is at fault for crashing due to graphic issues.

I call bullS#&$ on that one.

I noticed that particular rooms within the orokin keys make FPS go down super significantly. These rooms contain the large gushing geysers of water, a LOT of those branches spawn (aka orokin locker rooms), and rooms where its large and contains both the water geysers, and tons of branches + floating pixals.

Before this was never an issue, and I was able to play through them without any harm. Now it seems to spike everything affecting my FPS and shut me down. My pc is powerful, and I have never had any issues with games when it comes to graphical performance.

Ether something has happened that went wrong with an update, or something is wrong internally with the stage itself.

Something needs to be done about this. At least, investigated and fixed at a sooner-or-later date.

Interesting...

I've had no graphical issues in the Derelict sets... There have been reports of others like yourself having trouble, but personally I haven't seen it, as have any others...

Only random thought I have that might help, is have you tried updating your gfx card drivers?

Yep, I'd get a memory leak and a crash without fail whenever I played Derelict missions. Never happened before on any other tileset. Turning off DX11 in the launcher seems to have 'fixed' it for now, but the Derelict is definitely broken for many people.

Edit: Guys it's not our drivers, it's Warframe. I myself have up to date drivers and my PC is more than capable of running the game without issues. I've spoken to numerous other people with the same issue who also have a capable PC. This has never happened before and it never does, EXCEPT in the Derelict set. The memory usage skyrockets just before the crash every time as well.

Edited by ScaryMonster

Interesting...

I've had no graphical issues in the Derelict sets... There have been reports of others like yourself having trouble, but personally I haven't seen it, as have any others...

Only random thought I have that might help, is have you tried updating your gfx card drivers?

All computer hardware components on my pc are up to date.

Yep, I'd get a memory leak and a crash without fail whenever I played Derelict missions. Never happened before on any other tileset. Turning off DX11 in the launcher seems to have 'fixed' it for now, but the Derelict is definitely broken for many people.

Edit: Guys it's not our drivers, it's Warframe. I myself have up to date drivers and my PC is more than capable of running the game without issues. I've spoken to numerous other people with the same issue who also have a capable PC. This has never happened before and it never does, EXCEPT in the Derelict set. The memory usage skyrockets just before the crash every time as well.

Thats what I thought. I knew it was something internal that was wrong with the derelict set, since my hardware has been up to date with no performance issues ever in the past.

If numerous people are getting this, then we now know its a vital issue to players gameplay performance.

This needs to be fixed then asap, in the next hotfix/update.