Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obtaining A New Warframe

ChumbaWumbaTV

This is my opinion but i strongly dislike the whole process of obtaining a new warframe... I've been tempted to make another account and get another beta key from somewhere just to start a different warframe, i purchased the design thing for a warframe from the market only to find out that i need to of found all 3 piece designs and then make them all before being able to make a warframe.. i really don't like that, so i've tested your game and will no longer play, thank you for allowing me to play.

This is my opinion but i strongly dislike the whole process of obtaining a new warframe... I've been tempted to make another account and get another beta key from somewhere just to start a different warframe, i purchased the design thing for a warframe from the market only to find out that i need to of found all 3 piece designs and then make them all before being able to make a warframe.. i really don't like that, so i've tested your game and will no longer play, thank you for allowing me to play.

Sounds like this just isn't your kind of game then. Fairwell.

I like the idea of making new warframe, but 3 days is kinda boring !

I mean, when do we like to make new warframes ? When we get bored of old one, and now we hav to wait for 3 days ? Its really really crappy idea !

The concept is amazingly good but Craft time is utter crap ~.~

I like the idea of making new warframe, but 3 days is kinda boring !

I mean, when do we like to make new warframes ? When we get bored of old one, and now we hav to wait for 3 days ? Its really really crappy idea !

The concept is amazingly good but Craft time is utter crap ~.~

They did give you 50 plat to rush it if you really can't wait at all. But why not spend that time farming up more mods and materials so your next one can start cooking while you level the one that's coming in 3 days?

They did give you 50 plat to rush it if you really can't wait at all. But why not spend that time farming up more mods and materials so your next one can start cooking while you level the one that's coming in 3 days?

This is exactly the way I play, as soon I have BP parts to begin building ill go back to doing levels or getting more mats, or even changing weapons to level them up, and as soon as I have a new warframe ill use that and maybe look at getting another one or a weapon BP, I love the whole time waiting period.

This is exactly the way I play, as soon I have BP parts to begin building ill go back to doing levels or getting more mats, or even changing weapons to level them up, and as soon as I have a new warframe ill use that and maybe look at getting another one or a weapon BP, I love the whole time waiting period.

Exactly. This game is a dungeon crawler... like a space ninja, FPS version of Diablo 2 or Path of Exile. If you aren't into that sort of thing, then it's not the game for you. Waiting 3 days shouldn't be a big deal since you should be enjoying just the grinding/farming anyway.

Nothing needs to change here. If you want disposable games you can finish and unlock everything in a day go somewhere else.

This is a game in beta and these kind of comments discourage new players from making suggestions.

I'm fine with unlocking stuff and it taking a long time to do so. But it is frustrating to me that I spend my credits on a warframe blueprint only to find that I need to spend more credits to use it and then wait 3 days once I've grinded out the parts. It dangles the feeling of accomplishment in front of players and then snatches it away right as they're reaching for it. This is exploitative and anti-fun. Just give me the massive cost up-front so that I don't feel cheated when I try to spend my credits on something.

Maybe you should come back and have a look after this game is release and most complaint/problems are dealt with. I mean the current system is fine the way it is for a Beta. Though it could use some work.

In your opinion, the people who are leaving, is it better to be able to play this game with only one or two classes?

Or is it better that they've allowed us to obtain 9 other classes without paying a single cent?

Would it be better for you to access the entire game with all its functions in under a day?

How much testing will they get from that? If you're only going to spend a small amount of time, what type of bugs could you ever come across?

Also, keep in mind, you obtained a key just so you can "have fun and play everything etc etc 100% unlock" when this is actually still in Closed Beta testing.

Testing. Yeah, you're testing this game out, not "getting your money's worth" or whatever crazy shenanigans you thought of.

I'm sure you haven't even ranked up your current frames to 15 yet. Nor have you tried out the other guns.

Why bash a system you haven't even tried tinkering with?

Hope you would reconsider but if you truly believe this isn't your game then farewell and best of luck in your future "testing."

Edited by wheatnoodles

In your opinion, the people who are leaving, is it better to be able to play this game with only one or two classes?

Or is it better that they've allowed us to obtain 9 other classes without paying a single cent?

Would it be better for you to access the entire game with all its functions in under a day?

How much testing will they get from that? If you're only going to spend a small amount of time, what type of bugs could you ever come across?

Also, keep in mind, you obtained a key just so you can "have fun and play everything etc etc 100% unlock" when this is actually still in Closed Beta testing.

Testing. Yeah, you're testing this game out, not "getting your money's worth" or whatever crazy shenanigans you thought of.

I'm sure you haven't even ranked up your current frames to 15 yet. Nor have you tried out the other guns.

Why bash a system you haven't even tried tinkering with?

Hope you would reconsider but if you truly believe this isn't your game then farewell and best of luck in your future "testing."

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

This is a game in beta and these kind of comments discourage new players from making suggestions.

I'm fine with unlocking stuff and it taking a long time to do so. But it is frustrating to me that I spend my credits on a warframe blueprint only to find that I need to spend more credits to use it and then wait 3 days once I've grinded out the parts. It dangles the feeling of accomplishment in front of players and then snatches it away right as they're reaching for it. This is exploitative and anti-fun. Just give me the massive cost up-front so that I don't feel cheated when I try to spend my credits on something.

So you're upset that you didn't do the research first to learn how it works? You're on the forums, where information is in abundance and people are there to answer your questions from personal experience. I don't understand this.

In the eyes of a new player, the warframe crafting system does suffer from a lack of information. Not enough specifics are being given in game. There have been too many new players assuming that buying the blueprint from the Market is all they need to craft the warframe, and likely most of those are also unaware that the assassination mission on a specific planet is the source for all three component blueprints for a single warframe. The first assassination target on [Mercury > Tolstoj] dropping the Cronus blueprint may not be enough for some players to make the link that assassination targets on other planets drop blueprints for warframes, especially with the nondescript warframe blueprints being sold in the Market and nonguarantee that a blueprint will drop in their first few attempts to confirm that theory.

Telling players that the information can be found on the forums is fine for now, but as the game gets closer to being polished it has to be able to provide enough information ingame that the majority of new players will understand the procedure to crafting a warframe in the Foundry.

Hopefully the confusion felt by some new players will be reduced when descriptions are added for the warframe blueprints in the Market.

So you're upset that you didn't do the research first to learn how it works? You're on the forums, where information is in abundance and people are there to answer your questions from personal experience. I don't understand this.

I was not on the forums until I ran into issues. Believe it or not, but that's how the majority of users are going to operate.

Cakes summarized nicely.

In the eyes of a new player, the warframe crafting system does suffer from a lack of information. Not enough specifics are being given in game.

I was able to get 5-6 of my friends to try out Warframe for the open beta weekend and the most common complaint is the crafting system and how they felt misled. There's a lot of build up at the start of games like this where you earn a currency and finally have enough to buy something. If a new player's first experience with spending their credits is a slap to the face, how do you expect the game to succeed? Many people will quit right then. And what does this loving community have to say about it?

Casuals gonna casual.

I did like the game up until the point where i saw the way of obtaining a new warframe was either just buy it with the credits or spend days just to get a warframe so yeah i guess this isn't my type of game.

The only thing ''days'' is waiting for it to be ready. I farmed my Ash in about 15 runs, which took maybe 4 - 5 hours. Now i have to wait for 1½ more days :| Now THAT sucks.

I agree that crafting a new warframe is currently a ridiculous process. Just let people buy the blueprints and farm the mats, why do you have to farm the blueprints too? That is just ridiculous IMO.

I really don't get why people seem upset by this or are calling the OP lazy or some such. I mean, have you played any other F2P games? To get a free character in LoL all I have to do is save up enough IP and buy the character outright. Is this a bad thing?? Lots of games operate on similar principles. Warframe wants you to craft a new frame, fine, that makes some sense given that they have the Foundry and it is kind of cool. You feel a bit more of a sense of ownership over something when you went out of your way to gather the materials for it and craft it yourself, but there is already enough farming in the game just by farming the materials. Having you farm blueprints, especially with the RNG, is just asking for people to get bored as they replay the same one level over and over and over and over and over again. There are other and better ways to keep people playing your game. Heck, once a person gets that new warframe it is going to be a lot of work for them to upgrade the frame to lvl 30, I see no reason to artificially extend the length of gameplay through the BP farming. Plus, this creates issues like mine. I want to craft Nyx, but to do that I have to beat the boss of Eris. Eris is a very high level planet that I am not capable of handling right now. So it will be weeks before I can get Nyx. I don't see how this is a win for DE b/c it just leaves me frustrated that I can't play the frame I want to.

Edited by cypherhalo

The only 'issue' per se that I have with crafting frames currently, is the item drop rate of the BP, rare materials (e.g. control module, neural node), and 'rare' materials (e.g. rubedo, rubedo). Those could still be just my luck with RNGs, and are still not "fixed" in the sense that DE could still tweak the values in the future.

Everything else is good and fine.

The issue I see with the blueprint system is the fact that players need to rely on RNG to drop specific part of BPs from bosses. I, too, used to think that buying blueprint from the cashshop will allow me to craft that frame. I was disappointed when it's not so.

However, the current system needs improvement.

1. There's no in-game explanation about how to craft a new frame or new weapon.

2. Most players who craft weapon will associate the weapon crafting with frame crafting which is totally understandable.

3. Double reliance on RNG system. Both material and BPs must be farmed. Materials are dropped reliably but BPs aren't. The thing is, RNG can works both ways. You can get all part from 3 consecutive runs or , in the case of my Rhino, from a week worth of farming.

It's depend on how DE disguises the grinding process and makes it more interesting while giving enough explanation in the tutorial.

OP's POV isn't exactly fine since the game is dungeon crawler which depend heavily on grinding. Diablo2 players don't get into the game in day1 and ask for a Breath of the Dying. Allowing players to access all content in day 1 won't make the game more healthy.

Edited by neKroMancer

-Massive wall of text about not being able to farm Nyx from a low level-

I was actually in the same boat, about a week ago. It gave me something to work for, so I kept playing the game. Now I have a Nyx baking with about 2 1/2 days left. There's really nothing to complain about when you want something like Nyx in that situation.