Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Pursuit - Not bad! But...

Juin_Roet

...it needs clearer objective guidance.

EDIT: Further review of the mission has revealed that when running it solo, the generators are in fact clearly marked as targets. However, this does not seem to be the case in multiplayer instances so far.

-----

On a whim I just ran my first archwing pursuit mission around Saturn.

It was nice, didn't know that it was even a thing, chasing the ship around was fun, and the new archwing targeting reticules, I think is the phrase, were great.

Anyway, jumped into a mission in progress and realized after multiple successful engine disabling attempts that I didn't know what to do next; no one did.

The objective did not update.

I had no new targets.

I had no auditory prompts for the next action.

Attacking did nothing.

Melee did nothing.

Abilities did nothing.

Defeating the spawning enemies did nothing.

I was a bit lost.

Thankfully between reviving my team and keeping the swarms at bay I finally thought to search the ship for a vulnerable section around the front and seemed to hit upon the right thing; some little nubs inside the forked bow.

Only after I'd destroyed them did a Lotus prompt acknowledge what exactly they were and what needed to be done, something about destroying the 'generators'.

I feel that a prompt should immediately follow the ship's engines being disabled to define the new target.

Something like,

"Good, now target the four exposed generator ports around the ship to permanently immobilize the craft."

Would point players in the right direction I think.

Also, setting an extraction point instead of automatic extraction might be good for game flow and looting.

Edited by Juin_Roet
New information