Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impression

erebus2075

i will start with the good after around 5hours of playing:

very nice and fluent, charecter seems responsive at most times, weapon and sword feels good, lvl design is deep and immersive, maps are quite big which makes it feel less liniar and more of an exploration. lots of classes with unique playstyles to them. lots of weapons which i assume got different playstyle to them. good atmosphere, nice story. awesome acrobatics (would like more and more realism, meaning when i get knocked down i should just do a backroll and be up almost instantly etc). seems hard to master and easy to get into.

bad things:

very few maps, it seems like the same maps was used an insanely high amount of times.

the amount of credit everything cost seems a bit high, it feels like the only option is to simply pay real cash if you want any of the gear, or the frame you like. making it feel depressing and grindish..

(granted if you sell everything of you get you might get it faster most admit i didnt realise i could sell mods of before after i started writing this :P )..

only 3 frames as starting frames: so i went into the game thinking HECK YER!! wanna play trinity... 5hours later still don't have the credits for it -.- and that's with a credit booster for the last 2 hours... meaning your stuck with one of the first 3 frames and if you wanted to play another one you should either just pay rl cash or just stop playing.

forced third person view: it clutter up my screen makes it hard to get a good view, if i stand close to a wall my char literally fills out over half my screen and i cant see what i am aiming at.

UI: your unable to costumize it at all... personally i want my hp/shield/energi over my head or down in the bottom or up in the left corner, ANYTHING but up in the right corner -.- half the time when i died was becouse of the inability to know my hp amount.

selfress: buy to win again.. i was properly a noob comming from easy mode games and without knowing wtf i was doing, how melee reacted and how much different stuff did dmg etc. i burned the 4 ress within the first 1h, then when playing with others which cannot ress you once your fully dead you just have to leave and try again instead of being able to keep going with them which is bad, and you get no reward at the end.. one map i died 2min before the end and got no reward due to it even though the other finished it :/

Multiplier: when playing with others mobs gets some abilities i consider as $&*&*#(%&: 1 shot kill hits, Permanent cc grenades all over the place etc etc. stuff which is completely gamebreaking and just plain out awfull design.

conclusion:

i dont say this oftend about a game but i find warframe very nicely made the whole way through: there is no core mechanics in need of changing. everything is +- as it needs to be.

there is a need for more customizing all over the board; tweak on the credit prices of "must have stuff", more different maps, the ability to ress people thats fully dead (give them a high penelty for the rest of hte run or something) and the removal/changing of the gamebreaking abilities which mobs starts to use when you are not solo playing.

besides that i like verything so far and think warframe could have major success with these very few tweaks.

Edited by erebus2075

Sell mods, they are mostly worthless in the beginning. And seriously patience grasshopper. Though now that I think on it, maybe the Devs might think about giving a nice credit bonus for first completion of the Mercury system. People have short attention spans, maybe they need a bit of a push.

You need to get to other planets and eventually you will be swimming in credits.

yer my second day and i don't know what to use all these credits on o.O

i really do feel like the credit gain / need is off balance, when you REALLY need them at the very start to get your first favorite frame and test out weapons you get none, then once you have these you will be swimming in credits with absolutely nothing to use it on.

after playing a bit more there is a few things which i still find exceedingly annoying:

GUI! the ui is terrible. the setup of hp as clean numbers in the very upper right corner is just the worst you could ever do for hp, same goes for energi and shield. this needs to be adressed and a costumizing needs to be put into the game.

same with the minimap.

some few enemy abilities and mechanics:

knockdown; this is properly the most extreme op ability the enemy have, once you get knocked down in 1 unlucky move your just perma cc'ed and will die.

ressing, when using ress you ress where you died, this is bad: i was teleported into a room by a mob, a very small room with properly 15 mobs stacked so close that i couldnt even move, needless to say i died FAST! and tried to ress to be instantly killed again :/

enemy's skill "swap place with player" doesnt need los, as you can see above i had this twice today and the second time i wasnt even at LOS.

ABILITY USE: when you use an ability you are locked in place, forced to stand still for godknowshowlong, this is terrible, abilities should be usable while in full movement and should be FAST to tricker, not slowing you down as if it was a turn based combat system.

"elite enemies" the only difference i have found in the hear of battle is that they got shield, figuring out fast which is the elite and which are normal mobs are WAY too hard in the heat of the moment, they should have a MARK! showing clearly they are elites :)

movement system:

i want the ability to CHOOSE weather or not i want the original ASDW with strafing or the one we see here, i found quite a few time that the charecter seems hard to finetune control which in turn makes it hard to do very accurate movement; this is not a huge deal but it diffinately would be nice.

THIRD/first person view:

again i find it extremely annoying that i either cant zoom to look over the char or go into first person to get a good forward view. the view which we got now is properly the worst view you could choose in regards to getting a good overview of wtf is going on and a easy way to aim fast and effectively.

LVL IS POWER!!!!: there is WAY!! too much different and lvl and weaponry. i did up to rank 8 on my first frame before i even started using the skillpoint and got new weapons, now untill then the game felt very challenging and you needed to think at the encounters and not just rolfstomp rush.

then i got the lvl's and the weapons and i can literally just Rush through everything i mead untill now, occasionally i need to stop for a short break and hide/shoot for a bit, then rush again.. there is not much challenge in it becouse the different is soo extreme, ofcouse you can go up to the hardest stuff very fast but here its the instantgimp mechanics which will kill you and not the actual rushing part, at the same point i feel it createds too big of a whole between new players and older once.

Force start missions even when there is no team to be found. its really annoying having to wait for a team, i want to just be able to start when i like and if people then join in fine, if not sure i will just do it myself.

Reason to keep playing:

i have played for properly 10hours now and i am losing sight of a reason to keep playing: yes mechanic and gameplay feel nice but it doesnt seem like there is any purpose at all in the game, it feels kinda like playing tetris with upgrades (not literally but basicly the same idea.)

10hours in and these are the issue's i found untill now or at this point ^^

Edited by erebus2075