Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is It Not Mac Accessible

Dark_revolution

You know it takes months, sometimes a year or more, to optimize a Windows games to make it compatible for Macs?

It might be in their grand scheme of things, but as of now, they need to focus on improving the game before porting it to iOS.

Sorry, I think your best bet is to use virtualbox but even so, I don't know if your Mac can handle a game with this much graphic intensity.

this would greatly improve you player ammount since most people only have a mac for work and cannot afford a different computer.

You're not a programmer are you...

The Evolution Engine is written for PC, not Mac and changing it would require a massive rewrite of the engine. For the game I work on, our engine programmers tell me it's in the vicinity of 800,000 lines of code. While this isn't the Evolution Engine, it should give you an idea of the scale of a rework you're suggesting here. This will almost certainly NEVER happen.

Also, where do you get the idea that most people use macs for work and can't afford something else? Macs are more expensive than Windows machines (when shopping for my primary computer, a Mac would have cost more than twice as much as a Windows machine with the same specs) and few businesses outside graphic design use Macs. If people are going to do PC gaming, they'll be on Windows, not Mac (or if they are, they'll be running some virtual machine or something).

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz