Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Resource Rewards to Invasions

(NSW)ToadBlue

Currently invasions only award things like Fieldron, Detonite, Mutagen Mass, and weapon parts, with the rare Orokin Reactor/Catalyst thrown in. The old Alert system would sometimes offer missions with bundles of resources as rewards. When it was something like alloy plates or plastids, these weren't very appealing, but when it was something rarer like oxium, void traces, or Orokin cells, they seemed much more worthwhile. But those rewards were lost when Nightwave replaced the Alert system.

I think it would be an improvement if invasion missions offered small batches of these rarer resources to draw in more players to complete them. After I got all the invasion-specific weapon parts, I've felt very little incentive to participate in invasion missions except for Nightwave challenges. But if invasions started offering things like oxium and cryotic and other things that are more tedious to farm than normal resources, I'd be more interested in playing them, and it would fill that niche that Nightwave doesn't but Alerts did.

Maybe even open it up for the occasional free Grineer/Corpus weapon blueprint reward while you're at it? That would be more useful for newer players or players who don't have clans to buy the research from. A rare Forma as a reward alongside Reactors and Catalysts could be good too.

Edited by (NSW)ToadBlue

Cluttering the invasion reward system would make it beyond annoying to farm the weapon parts for weapons such as 'Karak Wraith' for example. I would rather prefer the rewards to stay the same (with the exception of maybing adding new unique wraith/vandal weapons) since it's an okay way to farm Fieldrons, Mutagen Mass etc.

However I would rather suggest daily/weekly challenges (entirely seperated from nightwave) for rewards such as resources and maybe forma blueprints. Other option that comes to my mind is to give Darvo some additional missions that rewards you a certain resource (resources would rotate)