Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Resources.

Weird_Stealth

Before update 10, I was very pleased with the resources and their locations, but with mutagen samples being in the derelicts, and only in the derelicts, it's annoying. Mostly because in order for me to craft something that requires 6 mutagen masses, I have to farm 60 mutagen samples, which is a real *@##$ and a half if said resource doesn't drop in large quantities. I understand that DE wants/needs a reason for people to continue to go to the derelicts, it makes sense to me, but force one single resource that is used a lot in the clan research, is a little mean. for those of us older players who've farmed planets which use to house mutagen samples, and have a ton in supply, it doesn't bother us too much until our supply is running dry. But new players, it's a grind fest for them. 

Here's my, and a few clan mate's idea on how to deal with the resources. The Research resources should be limited to planets, they should be faction dropped. It makes more sense that Detonite ampules are dropped by Grinner, instead of Corpus or Infested, mutagen samples should be dropped by Infested, and only infested. Outside of the derelict missions and/or void missions, resources dropped are normal, but inside derelict/void missions, certain resources should be doubled, or tripled, depending on the rarity of the resource, or level of the mission.

Also, it'd be awesome if there was some more infested weapons, or orokin weapon that's been infested, that the blueprints drop from the derelict missions. Give the derelict missions some reward other than just mutagen samples, and necros blueprints.

Yeah...farming to pay to farm to pay to build to farm to pay to build is pretty frustrating.  This is a new level of bulls#$% grinding that would make a Korean MMO blush.

The only saving grace in this mess is that using formas & potatoes don't have a chance to destroy items, and blueprints don't have a % chance of failure.

Yeah...farming to pay to farm to pay to build to farm to pay to build is pretty frustrating.  This is a new level of bulls#$% grinding that would make a Korean MMO blush.

The only saving grace in this mess is that using formas & potatoes don't have a chance to destroy items, and blueprints don't have a % chance of failure.

In my opinion, still better than most MMOs. While certainly not perfect, and by no means not frustrating (it is very frustrating), it definitely is far better than Korean MMOs. Just my opinion.

Orokin Derelicts are just another planet, that you need the keys to access to. I find the keys not hard to aquire and mutagen samples are dropped in a large quantity. Same with the nav coordinates. We used to manage to get 3 to 5 Golem nav coordinates during a golem run. So if you play with 1 or 2 friends, you can easily keep the supply for derelict keys up for permanent golem runs.

If you want normal nav coordinates, do other missions. I doubt mutagen samples are the only thing you could need at the moment. Maybe train your weapons, farm other resources or get some Void Keys. Open all the storage containers and lockers and the nav coordinates will fly into your inventory. Thief's Wit helps out a lot. Once you've gathered some nav coordinates, you can access another derelict mission. The more people are in your party, the more Derelict keys you can make in the same time, as nav coordinates drop for everyone. So 5 nav coordinates make up up to 4 missions for you and your team.

Warframe is one of the more satisfying farming games, because you can get stuff in a really adequate amount of time. And I say that doing 8 Void 1 Survivals without getting a mag prime blueprint, which has a chance of 1/4 to drop.

Orokin Derelicts are just another planet, that you need the keys to access to. I find the keys not hard to aquire and mutagen samples are dropped in a large quantity. Same with the nav coordinates. We used to manage to get 3 to 5 Golem nav coordinates during a golem run. So if you play with 1 or 2 friends, you can easily keep the supply for derelict keys up for permanent golem runs.

If you want normal nav coordinates, do other missions. I doubt mutagen samples are the only thing you could need at the moment. Maybe train your weapons, farm other resources or get some Void Keys. Open all the storage containers and lockers and the nav coordinates will fly into your inventory. Thief's Wit helps out a lot. Once you've gathered some nav coordinates, you can access another derelict mission. The more people are in your party, the more Derelict keys you can make in the same time, as nav coordinates drop for everyone. So 5 nav coordinates make up up to 4 missions for you and your team.

Warframe is one of the more satisfying farming games, because you can get stuff in a really adequate amount of time. And I say that doing 8 Void 1 Survivals without getting a mag prime blueprint, which has a chance of 1/4 to drop.

Normally I'd agree with you, but getting one or two friends to help is like pulling teeth with my friends and my clan mates.

Half the time I get "What's in it for me", and then a big fat no.  Derelicts are planets par say, but they're the only source of mutagen. There are some aspects of farming I really don't mind, others just bug the hell out of me, and Mutagen being on one planet, with no real way to play online with out help from friends or clanmates help, is a drag. Also compared to other resources, mutagen is harder to farm for than others, key or no key. Other resources I pop into a defence mission online, and go through the waves, and get enough resources to work with. 

Also, you speak as if I don't know how to loot, trust me, I know better than most of my clan mates, I often times run with thief's wit on, and carrier, But I still get a few mutagen samples a mission in derelicts. Before update 10, I'd go to Io and get 15 or 20 a mission, depending on how many waves the squad I join holds out.

Normally I'd agree with you, but getting one or two friends to help is like pulling teeth with my friends and my clan mates.

Half the time I get "What's in it for me", and then a big fat no.

No disrespect, but those are terrible friends and terrible clanmates.