Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 7-8 Mastery Spawn Bug!

Brimir

So I am quite angry right now. Had to do the agility test. At the final platforms I fell down once, and it kept respawning me outside of the starting platform so I rapidly lost all my retries! Wooohoo 24 hours delay thanks to a bug!

Edited by Brimir

Yeah it is ridicilous. This bug basically locks me out of making any progress in the game for 48 hours now. I have no doubt I'll be back tomorrow and it will be three whole days it locks me out. Then four... then five... What's the point of even logging in now?

Yeah it is ridicilous. This bug basically locks me out of making any progress in the game for 48 hours now. I have no doubt I'll be back tomorrow and it will be three whole days it locks me out. Then four... then five... What's the point of even logging in now?

Exactly I dont even want to play until I can rerun it because of the wasted mastery. This needs to be fixed soon or else we may be stuck in a long, long loop. Unless of course we can manage to do it on the first try, but that shouldnt be the way we look at it.

Exactly I dont even want to play until I can rerun it because of the wasted mastery. This needs to be fixed soon or else we may be stuck in a long, long loop. Unless of course we can manage to do it on the first try, but that shouldnt be the way we look at it.

Yeah they give you retries for a reason. In theory you should have plenty of retries, but in practice you have none. If any DE staff is reading this, could you please just make the two of us pass this bloody thing remotely by flicking the methaporical switch?

Exactly I dont even want to play until I can rerun it because of the wasted mastery. [...]

You can't waste mastery:

"If the test is failed, the player will not be allowed to try again for 24 hours. Mastery points are still gained for later levels, even while maxed out for current level and having failed the test; these points simply go towards the next immediate mastery rank."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Edit:

Tipp: Try using Lokis Decoy with Switch Teleport to master this test.

Edited by Pliskin707

You can't waste mastery:

"If the test is failed, the player will not be allowed to try again for 24 hours. Mastery points are still gained for later levels, even while maxed out for current level and having failed the test; these points simply go towards the next immediate mastery rank."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Edit:

Tipp: Try using Lokis Decoy with Switch Teleport to master this test.

Alright well I did the Loki trick and passed it(thank you Loki!). As for the Mastery being wasted, I never heard that before but it may be true. Lets keep in mind that wiki has been wrong before. My last experience with this was the dual ichors, which require a mastery rank of 6, not 8(What wiki says) to build. In the mean time, I will still treat it as if you dont gain levels for the next immediate rank. Just precautionary:)

Just what is the Loki trick? I tried it before I gave up and (foolishly) tried to do it the normal way. I just couldn't get the Decoys onto the platforms.

Try looking at the side of each platform. Cast a decoy and shoot the ball to create the horizontal path. Walk to the edge of the path and zoom in on your decoy, using switch teleport as quickly as you can(decoy disappears after some time, but you already knew that). Rinse and repeat for each platform until you reach the last platform. Please note it is still buggy and if you do not cast your decoy correctly it will fall off the platform. Also, for the last platform all I had to do was cast a decoy on it (logic) and I passed the test. This might or might not happen for you, though. Additionally, if my placement of the decoy doesnt work for you, feel free to experiment. After all, you have an unlimited amount of time. Again, I wish you and anyone else luck and hope the trick works for you(it most likely will) :) P.S. put on an energy siphon for unlimited energy

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

Where do you aim the Decoy? It kept falling off the platform.

I had trouble with this too. I managed to do so by aiming at the edge of each platform and casting a decoy. If youre too far away, use the horizontal pathway to get closer and switch places with the decoy. A stretch mod will really help if you have one, obviously switch tele and decoy are a must, and an energy siphon, preferably maxed out, should get you through this terrible trap they call a test.

Edit: and again, dont be afraid to experiment, you have all the time in the world :)

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

I messed up 1st time because didnt know what i was doing and 2nd and 3rd time constant spawn bugs. Already getting to point where i really dont want to deal with this im going to give it 1 more try if it does it again maybe its time to go to another game because unless you can do it flawless its a rank stopping bug.

I have the same problems, failed it 5 times at least now. Sometimes I get the falling, sometimes it won't wallrun, sometimes the frame won't even jump!!! It's crap, I already stopped playing, just log in to fail the mastery test once per day, not sure I'll even bother doing that much longer. If there is a bug on the test, then they should let you repeat the test after an hour. If the test is designed to delay mastery.....fine, but there comes a point where it's counter productive. two examples below:

1. If it's bugged and I simply can't do it, I'll stop trying, if I can't advance in the game, because there are weapons and possibly later, other things I can't do....I'll stop playing.

2. If I'm not good enough to do it, either through disability, lack of keyboard control age...whatever. I'll stop trying, I can't advance in the game, so eventually I'll stop playing.

Either way for most normal people in either of the above two scenarios, the end result will be....they stop playing. I am sure this cannot be what DE intended with mastery?

There is quite a simple solution: When sufficient mastery points have been reached, people can take the test and rank up. If they continue to accrue mastery (which should be shown) by playing the game. Even if they don't pass the test once they have attained 5% more mastery than required for that rank....they rank up regardless of the test. So for Mastery 8 that would be a further 8,000xp points. This rewards people who pass the test and does not preclude advancement for others...it just takes longer.

Edited by DaveC

I feel your pain, brothers and-or-sisters-but-probably-brothers.

Loki can cheat it with Energy Siphon+Stretch Mod though.

Sucks having to farm Loki if you don't have him, but it was ten times less frustrating than dealing with this crap.

I feel your pain, brothers and-or-sisters-but-probably-brothers.

Loki can cheat it with Energy Siphon+Stretch Mod though.

Sucks having to farm Loki if you don't have him, but it was ten times less frustrating than dealing with this crap.

I have Loki built but not claimed (built him months ago). Really though cheating the test isn't the point, there are workarounds for lots of the tests, I never used them. My point is in my post above.....this simply is not good business for DE. For many reasons a person might be failing a test, it can be bugged, or they may have a disability, etc.. it's business madness for DE to do this and not simply rank someone up when they have gained 5% more mastery regardless. In the case of this test another 8K mastery.

I am sure some people will say..."if yer not good enough" etc.. "then you don't deserve it" and similar things, but it is very counter productive to the game. As soon as a % of players stop playing because of it, those are players you won't get back. Once DE realise enough players are stopping, it will be far too late. I have seen comments in the forums of "well seeya then", " good bye" etc..but a game with less and less players becomes a dead game.

For me, once I stop logging in to take this stupid test (which won't be long),then I'm not playing WF I'm playing something else....what do you think are the chances I'm going to come back to it a month later. If I do and think right I'll take that mastery test, i'm gonna be even less likely to pass it. So once gone, players won't be back.

Edited by DaveC